close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Testdummy for Hong Kong red dot sight

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by ottomatic, Dec 31, 2009.

1. ottomatic

ottomatic

Oct 15, 2002
    SW Tennessee
    Even though I use and recommend high quality red dot sights such as Eotech, Aimpoint and Trijicon, some of my co-workers are not up to paying 400 plus for one so I thought that I would become the test dummy for some of the e-bay sights. I ordered on of the dual red/green multi pattern one for $35 delivered. At that price I definitely wasn't expecting to get more than a plastic POS. Things started off badly with 4 weeks going by and no sight. Well I figured I could at least get my money back as I used Paypal (even though I hate their anti-gun stance). I finally got it today (after 5 weeks) and so far I am very surprised. It is made of metal, apparently a steel base with an aluminum sight housing and very well finished. Came with a rubber protection "condom" for the viewfinder, a spare battery (3V Lithium) and the allen wrench to install/zero. The patterns are a little smaller than I would prefer, but I can live with that.
    While this sight is likely being produced for the Airsoft crowd,and I would definitely not be recommending taking one to Iraq, it at least seems worth what I paid for it.
    Then we have to see if it holds a zero.

Zeroing and live fire test with pictures to follow.

2. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Does your gun look anything like this::rofl:

[​IMG]

3. ottomatic

ottomatic

Oct 15, 2002
    SW Tennessee
    NOT AT ALL!!

My imitation Swiss Army Knife has a totally different attaching method.

It is velcroed onto my rifle plates (which of course are duct taped on to my back!!!)

4. MARSH1

MARSH1 Dealer Silver Member

May 21, 2007
    Texas
    Why support very anti-gun Ebay. For very little more we offer true weapons grade red dots with AR specific mount options. They have a great reputations for durabilty. Shipped from our Texas warehouse with a one year exchange warranty. This is our $59 Micro Dot in optional riser.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1164167

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2010
  5. glad i saw this thread as well as alaskapopo's. i was thinking about getting the primary micro.

6. ottomatic

ottomatic

Oct 15, 2002
    SW Tennessee

I agree, which is why I ordered one of your sights plus a riser yesterday.

7. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Looks like an Aimpoint Micro T-1 or H-1... how did you guys manage to do it for 1/10 or 1/8 the price, respectively and still make it reliable under combat conditions?

8. MARSH1

May 21, 2007
    Texas
    It is weapons grade not combat grade. It can handle the recoil of a shotgun but a Aimpoint can handle a much higher G impact. Aimpoint T-1 battery life 5 years continuous vs 250+ hours. Waterproof for use in wet weather vs T-1 waterproof to 25 meters. We sell Aimpoints and and they are in a different league. That said ours are the best value going in the under $200 red dots and make great range, competition and and training optics.

9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I appreciate your honest assessment of your own products, it speaks volumes when the company will give you the honest opinion, good and bad.

I'll be putting in an order for your sights nexr paycheck for the plinkers. Heck, you saved me from buying more $400+ sights when it's not necessary. Thanks.

10. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Jul 25, 2006
    the woods
    Before Ebay I'd have gone with one of Primary Arms' highly reguarded budget look alike options or a dot that another solid company stands behind instead of something that not only do you not know what you are getting but you are also nothing but stuck with. Look through the aimpoint and knockoff dot threads on arfcom. The internals of some ebay sights are laughable.

11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Human, is that an endorsement of Primary Arms?

12. jjtroutbum

jjtroutbum Armedflyfishing

Jan 23, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    Wonder if I could get that Micro dot to co-witness on a forward cantilever mount attached to my SP1's carry handle? Been thinking of doing a little 3 gun.

13. schiffer99

schiffer99

Oct 11, 2004
    AZ
    What is approximate battery life on one of the primary micros?

14. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    I think he said over 250 hours at medium brightness.

15. OUSooner

OUSooner

Jan 22, 2004
    Oklahoma

Where are your sights made?

16. MARSH1

May 21, 2007
    Texas
    250+ Hours at a usable daylight setting.

17. MARSH1

May 21, 2007
    Texas
    China

18. MARSH1

May 21, 2007
    Texas
    How high above the rail does the center of the optic need to be?

19. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

What isn't made in China nowadays?

20. jjtroutbum

jjtroutbum Armedflyfishing

Jan 23, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    Not sure I haven't got the rail to measure. I was really just thinking on screen but pic for added clarity. Now my SP1 has triangle hand guards so..

[​IMG]