Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Terror Worries Ride Rails

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by ronduke, May 21, 2011.

1. ronduke

Jan 24, 2007
  2. Wow, traveling around the country meeting other LEOs? For a single cop with no family...

3. Railroads should try to encourage more LEOs to travel by rail. Having the presence of the armed LEO is NOT what's important because terrorists will likely explode bombs on trains. What's important is having LEO passengers on board who (assuming survived) can bring some control and coordination over the massive chaos that will ensue while waiting for the on-duty first responders to get there.
  4. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    But of course the largest carrier in the country actually forbids us from carrying concealed on their trains...not that they do anything to stop or prevent it.
  5. Amtrak? I thought not too long ago they had changed that.
  6. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Yes, Amtrak. You may have me there, though. I last remember reading about their policy over a year ago.

A check of current policy appears to indicate that they now allow firearms in checked baggage with a policy similar to the airlines, but not as a carry-on.
  7. C/O-RC

Aug 21, 2007
    North East
    I cant stand Amtrak:steamed: I was informed the same thing no way i could carry my firearm with me however the extremely out of shape ( ie worse the me and thats bad:rofl:) Amtrak officer walked (waddled) past me in the aisle glock 22 in a leather thumb break with the thumb break opened, and 1 pair of handcuffs tucked around his belt.... thats it! I wanted to say something to him but I really dont think he would change anything so i didnt waste my time