close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Territory carry

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by banger, Aug 2, 2011.

1. banger

banger

Nov 8, 2005
    Where evil lives
    Does anyone know if Police/Retired Police are allowed to carry in U.S. territories?

IE: Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam etc..

Asked more from curiosity than anything else.

2. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    From my understanding, LEOSA applies to all U.S. States, territories, and district (DC).

So the answer should be, yes.

3. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Should be yes, but I do not feel like being a guinea pig for the relatively new law.

Whenever something has gone wrong, LEOSA seems to be more of a defense in court than keeping you out of handcuffs on the roadside.

4. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

Dec 25, 2004
    Some years ago I wrote to the police commissioner of the US Virgin Islands. Told him I intended to visit armed. No problem on his end. He did suggest I carry his letter with me when on the island, as it would avoid confusion should I run into one of his officers who was not familiar with the LEOSA.

5. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    Yep. Covered.

I don't think it's fair to say "whenever something has gone wrong, LEOSA seems to be more of a defense in court than keeping you out of handcuffs on the roadside." We KNOW (within reason) the number of times that LEOSA has been used as a defense in court, but we have absolutely no idea how many times it has been recognized on the street and under what situations.