close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Terminal Test on the Remington UMC 9mm Bulk Pack

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by Ljutic, Sep 29, 2012.

1. M 7

M 7

May 22, 2012
    I'll say and surprisingly well for "el-cheapo" ammo. :cool:

Thanks.

2. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    I'm not impressed with this particular Remington JHP ammo since the cost at Wal-Mart is only a few dollars or less than Internet ammo dealers' price for 9BPLE.

I like the fact that the Remington is standard pressure but for accuracy in standard pressure with a premium, proven bullet I'll spend more money on the Fiocchi 115-grain Extrema XTP or the Speer Gold Dot. It is good to know that one test produced minimum FBI penetration at relatively low velocity in this particular round in case I'm ever tempted to buy some.

When I can find it on sale I'll pick up standard pressure Federal 124-grain HST or 124-grain Federal Tactical Bonded in addition to the two fine standard pressure rounds I mentioned above.

Don't get me wrong; I'm a budget conscience guy but when it comes to possible life-or-death issues a few dollars is savings isn't worth my consideration.

3. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont