close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Tenn. law advice

Discussion in 'Volunteer Glockers' started by gatorider, Jul 10, 2009.

1. gatorider

gatorider NRA Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Central Florida
    I am a Florida resident with a concealed weapons license. I do carry a handgun. I'm traveling to Tennessee next week to the Appalachian Fairgrounds in Eastern Tennessee. It is the BMW motorcycle rally. 10,000 people expected.
    Does Tennessee law allow me to carry a concealed weapon on this fairgrounds? If not, can I carry my handgun unloaded?

2. why

why

Oct 24, 2008
    I'm not a lawyer + not familiar with the fairgrounds, but here's what I think:
    - you may NOT carry it unloaded except in a situation it is legal to carry loaded as well;
    - you may carry on the fairgrounds UNLESS they have posted a 'do not carry' sign prominently at entrances to the fairgrounds. a simple red slash thru a pistol sign is NOT a legal posting (tho debating it with a cop isnt something you ever want to do imo)
    -as of 7/14 you may carry in restaurants (not bars contrary to what the media sez) unless they post a sign as above. you may NOT consume ANY alcohol while carrying.
    -you may not carry in a park until 9/1, and then may not carry in any local park that has a local ordnance against it.
    -you may carry openly anywhere you can legally carry concealed, tho i think it isnt wise. jmo

If it is properly posted at the fairgrounds entrances, just stow it in your locked luggage and you should be fine. Personally, many/most cops i know are Dont Ask Dont Tell with good citizens, but you never know which cop you may draw.

Hope you have a great trip.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009