close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tell Me About These TGI FEG AMD-65s.

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by Restless28, Aug 20, 2012.

1. I did the same thing. I was driving down a gravel road and saw an armadillo. Hopped out to shoot it long story short my ears rang for a while.

2. Just handled mine today. Overall, the finish isn't perfect, but mechanically, it's awesome. It is bone dry, but has no mag wobble, the brake is secure, the sights and gas block are straight, it has a nice chrome lined barrel, and the numbers match.

I'll post pics later. I'm glad that I bought 2.

3. cciman

cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    Is this a TAPCO plastic mag or a metal surplus mag (double stack correct)?

4. It comes with a Tapco double stack 20 rd mag. Here is a pic of mine with Tapco's new "bakelite" smooth side 30 rd mag. I like. :supergrin:

[​IMG]

5. cciman

cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I'm sorry to hear that your mag fits without wobble.

I'll have to check my mag collection for something similar.

6. FetchMonster1

FetchMonster1

Jun 13, 2010
    Rolla, MO
    You shoot that thing yet? Range report?

7. adamg01

adamg01

Jul 10, 2007
    va
    I think, "Have you traded it yet?" would be more appropriate.

8. Don't be an asshat.

No. I have not shot it yet.

9. bcowen22001

bcowen22001

Dec 23, 2002
    I bought one exactly like yours a month ago. its not a tack driver but it would do the job at 75yds in or closer. I think mine has a slightly canted front sight. I tried zeroing from a rest and Ive got alot of rounds wanted to go 3 oclock pos. I think the front sight post is canted a little to the left. Ive got to get a bore sighter to make sure before i attempt surgery. other than that its a sweet little rifle. enjoy.

10. Here she is after the UTG quad rail, Hogue grip and AMD65Tech cheek riser and rear sling mod.

[​IMG]

11. Sniperfox

Sniperfox Kopfjaeger

Mar 20, 2006
    Wilmington NC
    Can the muzzle brake be replaced with something a little more suitable or is it permantly welded?

12. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy

Apr 1, 2011
    Carolina
    It's pinned for NFA compliance. You could break it, replace it, and re-pin/weld it.

13. FYI, if you go shorter, it could be trouble. The rifle has a short barrel, and the huge brake makes it legal. :wavey:

imagine this rifle with a slant brake...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  14. Rifle looks great! I'm finally gonna start modifying my original hand guard in the morning! We had the mill set up for fluting barrels this week, but now its open again!

[​IMG]
    10/22 barrel

15. Wurger

Wurger

Oct 9, 2010
    hmmmmm....I have some L1A1 flash hiders....wonder if I could modify and pin/weld one on? Not a fan of muzzle flash and hearing loss due to a muzzle brake vs a flash hider.

16. Sniperfox

Sniperfox Kopfjaeger

Mar 20, 2006
    Wilmington NC
    Same here.

17. I don't even own a muzzle break for that reason.

I really like the look of that carbine though.

18. [​IMG]

Did this today. Really simple and looks somewhat original.

19. cciman

cciman

Jan 19, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I got tired of working around the handgrip with 30 rnd mags. the forward area did not look much different than my other aks with the fore guards off.

I bought a used AK lower handguard off of ar15.com (labeled GUNTEC)-- fits perfect with a magpul afg, with just a little rubber splicing tape to tighten things up. Very solid fit. Open up top- nothing to hold in the heat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]