close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Tell me about the CZ-75s

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by LSUAdman, Jan 16, 2013.

1. LSUAdman

LSUAdman Pew Pew

Aug 3, 2010
    Texas
    So I admit, I have completely ignored CZs. That was until recently.

I was at Collector's last week, looking for good deals, when I found a compact Baby Eagle in 9mm. Picked it up, felt it and loved it on contact - even got it for under MSRP.

After doing a little reading it seems the internals are a copy of the CZ-75, and after searching GT for more info, I find that there is quite the cult following for CZ-75s, as well as clones such as the EAA Witness pistols.

So tell me about your CZ-75s or clones. What do you like about them? Any of you CC one? What about magazines and capacities?

And best of all, feel free to post tons of pictures!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  2. Taphius

Taphius

Sep 26, 2011
    Las Vegas
    The premier wonder nine IMO. Alloy framed ones are easy to carry, magazines generally are not too expensive (got mine from Greg cote), easy to field strip, not so easy to detail strip but you should almost never have to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

3. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Sep 13, 2011
    Your life will never be the same because you touched a CZ pistol. It's not a bad thing, but there is no cure for it and it can be hard on your wallet. My CZ story starts out with reading and watching some reviews ( hickok45) has two very good videos on the CZ75 B. I liked what I've heard and read about them. So one day in the GS I asked to see and hold one in my hands.
    Now I will admit I was warned not to touch one unless I was hell bent on buying one immediately. I should have listened to that advice. Ok so I walked out of the GS with a 75 B that day. That pistol feels like a body part more than it does anything else. This lead me to a very nice used CZ82 that is chambered in a 9x18 round and is by far the best $200 I ever spent on a pistol. Then the CZ bug bit me again just before the holidays when I walked into the same gunshop were I got the 82 and found a slightly used 2011 CZ PO-1.
    Watch those videos from Hickok45. You will see and learn more from them on the CZ then I could ever express from this keyboard.

4. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    CZ, Baby Eagles, EAA and others all share the same platform. I would say the CZ is at the top out of the 3 mention. Still, the other two are great!

My personal preference is the CZ, I carry the P-01 compact, and also have the CZ 40P and Baby Eagle. The CZ is accurate, comfortable, reliable and light.

5. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    Great ergonomics , not the deal they once were. you could get CZ for $350-400 now just a CZ-75B at the local shop is $500 when you can find them. DA trigger is gritty out of box but can be improved (the trigger sort of varies between pistol to pistol i've heard)

the basic CZ-75 is around $500ish but if you want a CZ with rail and N/S expect to pay a pretty penny

here are my two CZ's

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. LSUAdman

LSUAdman Pew Pew

Aug 3, 2010
    Texas
    Raven, those look very nice!

How do you like the wooden grips? Did they come stock like that or did you buy them aftermarket?

7. LSUAdman

LSUAdman Pew Pew

Aug 3, 2010
    Texas

How did I miss out on these all these years? Those are beauts.

I told my wife last night that I might have been bitten by the CZ bug. Her response, " Thank God. Your Glocks are ugly!" :crying:

8. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    Thanks , the wood grips are CZ-made but you have to buy them separately from CZ-USA or CZcustom I like the wood grips very much. They complment the look of the pistol and in my opinion I get a better grip with wood grips

9. 12131

12131 Monkeyboy CLM

Nov 17, 2006
    God's Country (Texas)
    Excellent pistols. Great ergo. Triggers need work, if you hate creeps (not just a little creep, but probable one of the worst creeps in the industry). My favorite is the 75D PCR Compact. That thing of 14+1 feels like perfection in my hand. I want to get another one, if I can find it. Mine two:
    [​IMG]

10. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

:thumbsup: ....... :supergrin:

... Slightly tangential ... My CZ-97 is my favorite .45 pistol ... :supergrin:

11. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

Mar 22, 2008
    Albany, GA
    Awesome pistols. I have a 75BD and a PCR. I added CZ aluminum grips to the PCR. Hands down, THE MOST COMFORTABLE GUN IN THE WORLD!

Seriously, the only downsides with the PCR are sight and holster options.

12. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    :rofl::rofl::rofl: I like your wife!!

13. GlockinNJ

GlockinNJ

Apr 24, 2011
    PRONJ
    I have a stainless CZ-75B. It's beautiful, very comfortable, very reliable and very accurate. This gun has a frame over slide design, which is the opposite of most semi-autos. This results in shorter slide serrations, but it never bothered me.

The factory sights are kinda lame, but it's no big deal to change them.

The ergos are pretty much legend. The safety is in just the right spot to allow manipulation and cocked and locked carry, like a 1911, without shifting grip.

14. JimIsland

JimIsland

Aug 1, 2011
    Charleston,SC
    A CZ has been on my short list for a while.Damn you guys make spending money fun!!! I love the look of the "D" model. Now to try and find one.

15. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    You can pistol whip people with CZ-75Bs and they won't laugh back at you the way they would if you were to crack them on the head with a Glock.

They're dishwasher safe unlike the rest of the plastic pistols.

16. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

Mar 15, 2011
    Alabama
    The 75 Family is probably the best 9mm ever made. I mean that!! Nearly at any price. CZ's were a well kept secret for a long time and now the secret is almost totally out, they are awesome. Just get the trigger tuned on them a bit, I have a CZ Customs 85 Combat 9mm that is the best pistol that my hands have ever touched and I have touched a ton of them! The 75B types are the ones I recommend and they have gotten very hard to find in the past year or so. Therefore, if you find a good one that you want buy it!

17. hoghunter82

hoghunter82 FL Glocker #182

Jan 21, 2011
    Central Florida
    Hate to be Donny Downer here with all the love being shown. But I must have owned the ONLY lemon CZ ever produced. My 75B was a jam-o-matic no matter the ammo or shooter. Eight different ammos, twelve different shooters, all the same result. I bought one because I was told it was the end all be all 9mm. Maybe it was just my gun but I certainly was not impressed. That said, I still want a SP-01 Shadow and Phantom. I won't hold one experience with a brand against them.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

18. LSUAdman

LSUAdman Pew Pew

Aug 3, 2010
    Texas
    I'm partial to her, too. :cool: