close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tell me about Benelli Supernova Tactical.

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by american lockpicker, Sep 10, 2010.

1. After seeing the rebate offer on Benelli's website I'm seriously consering getting this model in a few weeks. Any one have one?

[​IMG]

2. blaster_54738

blaster_54738

Jul 24, 2007
    WI

3. wwdkd

wwdkd

Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Agreed. I have one equipped with a Mesa Tactical shell carrier and a Nordic components +2 magazine tube and it is the best shotgun I've ever handled.

[​IMG]
    (Not mine, picture from the inter-web, but mine looks the same minus the optics.)

4. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    I love my Benelli SNT so much I even made a detailed video review of it. I cant link it at the moment but if you look on Youtube I am sure you will find my video. My user name on Youtube is "Mixflip".

Its a 2 part review and I am the guy wearing a green shirt and blue jeans. On my channel you will also find a field strip video. Its one of the easiest shotguns to field strip that I have ever owned.

here is a pic of my 2 favorite shotguns. I am actually buying a K.I.S.S. Mossberg 500 tonight! lol. I love shotguns.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  5. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    It's a Nova you can change stocks on.

I had a Nova SP (pre-SuperNova existance).....solid gun.

6. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    I think you meant to say "its the Nova you can't change the stock on".

7. sambeaux2249

sambeaux2249

Dec 4, 2006
    Louisiana
    Nope, the other poster had it right. You CAN change stocks on a supernova, but not a Nova.

Sam

8. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    The whole point of the "Super" Nova was that you COULD change stocks. The original it's molded to the receiver. I owned one.

9. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    The Nova cant change stocks. The SuperNova you can. Thats what I just said. Am I not reading Murphy's post correctly?

He said...."It's a Nova you can change stocks on."

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  10. No, your not reading his post right.....He said what your saying.

11. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  12. Teecher45

Teecher45

Jan 29, 2010
    Is the any differences between the nova tactical and SN tactical besides the pistol grip and stock?
    What is the real world price diff?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  13. The only real differences is that the SNT has a larger trigger guard and I believe the plastic GRS and they are metal on the Nova.

14. SiNNiK

SiNNiK

Oct 27, 2008
    Austin, Tx.
    Benelli has also tightened up the SNT so that it doesn't rattle when you shake it, like the Nova tends to do.

15. Big_Grumpy

Big_Grumpy Go Cheese!

Jul 21, 2009
    WI
    I can tell you that they're butt ugly (IMO) and aren't made in the USA... :supergrin:

Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  16. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    Yeah, Italian shotguns are a love it or hate it type gun in the looks dept. I guess I am one of the guys that love them and think they are cool and sexy looking?

As far as American made goes? I love America but I have no problem buying quality regardless of its country of origin. Hong Kong China makes cheap swords but if I want a Japanese Katana made by a master craftsman...guess what, I will buy a Japanese sword.

17. Big_Grumpy

Big_Grumpy Go Cheese!

Jul 21, 2009
    WI
    Well, you can buy a quality shotgun made in the USA that I'd be willing to put up against any foreign made shotgun, so quality isn't really an issue.

But if the Benelli is most user friendly to him, then he should go for one.

Still ugly though.... :tongueout::supergrin:

18. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    Good point. Buy what fits and what the shooter is comfortable and happy with regardless of what country its made. Quality is quality no matter how you cut it and there is no "one" perfect choice for everything.