close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

telescopic rods

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by noway, Mar 28, 2004.

1. I'm looking for a source for telescopic rods upwards to 12ft long ( extended)? Anyfeedback or personnel experience would be great.

2. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

Feb 4, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    What kind of rods? I have an extendable fiberglass "cane pole" type rod that I think is around 20' long. However, to properly balance it I hold it a few feet from the end.
    If that's what you're after I got it at Academy Sports, but I think Bass Pro also carries it.

If not, give more details of what you're after and I'll see what I can find.

3. Whats the un-extended length? I 'm looking for something that was in sections ( i.e like fly rods ) or could be extended ( telescopic ) to use it in cane pole fashion. ( a simple hook,sinker, float ). 20ft extend would be even better.

I'll look back at basspro, but the local guys had nada as far as information. I was given afew leads on various mfg on these poles but have no clue about them or know anybody using them. I plan on fishing only for panfish ( crappie to be specific , on a drop shot multiple jigs or Mayan Cichilds ) with these and pull a fish less than 3-4 lbs on avg.

Since my dad lives in TX and have an Academy Sports close by, I might have him get one of these for my B-day. ;f

4. bambihunter

bambihunter 10mm collector

Feb 4, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I had to pull the pole out since I haven't used it very much and realized I lied... I thought it was the 20', but I actually bought the 16.5' length, but they DO make a 20' model.

What I have is made by B'n'M Black Widow. They have a website click here.

Cabelas also offers it in 4 lengths from 10' to 20'.

Like I said in the earlier post, I would get a longer pole than what you need so you can "choke up" on it (like a baseball bat) so it will be more balanced. Mine comes with a very basic kit to get you started (a little line, a bobber, and a hook if I recall). I do know for a fact that I bought mine at Academy and I am reasonably sure it was under $20. My 16.5' rod is 45" collapsed with the end-cap on.

I did catch a 27" channel cat on mine so I know they are fairly durable too.

Well, hopefully that's the info you need. Good luck and good fishin'!
    :)