close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Ted Nugent wonders would U.S. be better 'had the South won the Civil War'

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by G17Jake, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    One thing is certain... if the South had won the War Between the States, the fed. royality in black robes and the squatter and his fellow liberal domestic terrorists would be destroying what was left of the union... and would be of no concern to the CSA.

2. Hines57

Hines57 Simple Member

Jan 17, 2001
    On the road
    I would think most students of history wonder the same thing. I know I have.

3. Are there any books that realistically analyze this? I wonder this myself.

4. Tx-SIG229

Tx-SIG229

Aug 30, 2011
    Texas
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  5. ArtCrafter

ArtCrafter ¤Hocker Mocker¤

Jul 14, 2008
  6. G17Jake

G17Jake

Sep 13, 2002
    The nation is better united. We just need to get back to being the nation the founders intended for us to be.

And spare me any crap about slavery.

7. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga

Two things you need to remember about history:
    1 - it is written by the victors
    2 - the MORAL justification for the war comes after the war has ended.

My guess if the South won the war, it would have said that the war was about:
    1 - the struggle between a strong Fed Gov't and the power of the people.
    2 - The DC government was corrupt - bought by the rich in the north to pass the laws the rich wanted. If we think the congress has been bought today, imagine what it was like then - no reporting or way to find out how much money a congressman received in bribes or in stock from companies.

Putting aside the slavery issue - the USA would have been better off if the South won.

1 - The USA would not have entered WWI and all the bad that followed would probably not happened.

2. The Fed Gov't would not be as strong as it is today.

8. Tx-SIG229

Tx-SIG229

Aug 30, 2011
    Texas
    oops... he said 'realistically' LOL :embarassed:

9. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga
    Sure - united under a Southern leadership.

10. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    I wonder if he will ever abide by hunting laws.

11. ArtCrafter

Jul 14, 2008

That is a 'masterstroke of understatement.' :rofl:

12. ArtCrafter

Jul 14, 2008
    On a semi-serious note, the more I hear Uncle Ted bleating like a beatdown sheep, the more convinced I am that he would have been better off doing drugs all along.

Preferably in mass quantities...

:hippie:

13. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    They would have slowly joined the Union as industrialization took over. Eventually they would be reduced to a few backwards, rural states with nothing to offer. Just look at the states in the south that receive more federal money than they send to DC. A significant majority of the south should be thankful the north took them back.

14. ray9898

ray9898

May 29, 2001
    Georgia
    LOL....I was talking the other day about people no longer being able to discuss politics like adults and instead stoop to throwing insults and general 5th grade playground behavior.

Thanks for making my point. It is embarrassing to see fellow conservatives act more childish than the liberals did in the Bush years.

15. Well, if the south had won, black people would probably still be slaves or second class citizens at best. Hell, they were pretty much still second class citizens ~40 years ago.

TBH, I really don't think that the south would have survived for long as a sovereign nation on its own.

16. If the south had won, the individual southern states would have eventually seceeded from the confederacy. The south would have ended up like eastern europe. Small countries, constantly bickering with each other. Oh and those southern slave holders, who convinced Johnny Reb that the war was about something other then slavery would have owned and controlled everything.

17. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Aug 4, 2005
    fl
    So much hate towards this great country. :sigh:

18. 10mm Sonny

10mm Sonny

Jun 30, 2006
    I thought the CSA was trying to seceeded from the USA. Not to conquer the North, but to form their own nation. Just like what the colonies did to England years earlier.

19. jhoagland

jhoagland That's right! Lifetime Member

May 4, 2007
    south carolina
    I like Ted. I would like to hear the OP debate him.