Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Ted Failon's wife

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Wp.22, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005

By Maila Ager
    First Posted 16:43:00 04/15/2009

Filed Under: Media, Crime

MANILA, Philippines—The wife of broadcaster Ted Failon is “fighting for her life,” the broadcast giant ABS-CBN said in a statement Wednesday.

ABS-CBN is reacting to reports that Failon, Ted Etong in real life, and his wife were involved in a shooting incident.

“We appeal to everyone to please respect the privacy of Ted and his family. His wife is fighting for her life,” said Bong Osorio, ABS-CBN head of corporate communications.
  2. I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I just find it ironic that an outfit like ABS-CBN is calling on us all to "respect the privacy" of their employee.

So how often does ABS-CBN "respect the privacy" of good people, even if it means a hot story?

3. bagito

bagito tanod

Mar 7, 2004
    Failon grilled on wife’s shooting

Incident not yet declared suicide

By Abigail Kwok, Thea Alberto
    First Posted 16:43:00 04/15/2009

Filed Under: Crime, Media

MANILA, Philippines—(UPDATE 3) Police said they are not yet ruling the shooting of the wife of television news anchor Ted Failon a suicide despite the discovery of an apparent suicide note.

Superintendent Franklin Mabanag, chief of the Quezon City Police District’s criminal investigation and detection unit quoted the New Era hospital as saying that Trinidad Arteche Etong, 44, is brain dead as of this posting.

Etong was shot in the temple but Mabanag said: “We cannot declare yet at this time that the wound if self-inflicted in the absence of official report from the SOCO [Scene of Crime Operatives].”

He also said it has not been established if Failon, whose real name is Mario Teodoro Failon Etong, was involved in the shooting.

SOCO investigators questioned Failon in his home at number 27, General Aquino Street, Tierra Pura subdivision in Quezon City’s Tandang Sora district early Wednesday evening.

Earlier, ABS-CBN, the network Failon is connected with, confirmed his wife was “fighting for her life” and issued an appeal “to please respect the privacy of Ted and his family.”

Mabanag said initial investigation revealed that Failon's wife was brought to the New Era hospital by the couple's driver, identified only as Glen, her sister, Pamela, and another man, believed to be Failon, before noon for treatment of a gunshot wound in the head.

Mabanag said Failon told investigators that he and his wife had an argument Tuesday night but that they had settled their differences the next morning.

Failon left for his daily morning radio talk show at ABS-CBN but left the station early and was back at his house around 10:20 a.m., Mabanag said.

The broadcaster looked for his wife but she was not in their bedroom. He then tried their daughter’s bedroom but found the door locked.

Opening the room with a key, Failon told investigators that he found his wife in the bathroom, sitting on the toilet bowl.

Quoting the hospital’s description of the gunshot wound, Mabanag said the bullet entered Etong’s head through the left temple and exited through the right.

Mabanag said the incident was apparently not reported immediately.

He also said when they called New Era, the hospital denied they had a patient named Trinidad Etong. It was only when police went there that the hospital confirmed that Etong was confined at its intensive care unit.

Mabanag said that, on reaching Failon’s house, they discovered that the scene of the incident had already been cleaned by the househelp, which he said could constitute a violation of Presidential Decree 1829, or obstruction of justice.

The househelp, Glen and Frida, claimed no one had ordered them to clean the site, Mabanag said.

Investigators also recovered a letter allegedly written by Trinidad inside the room of the couple’s daughter’s. It partly said, “Papa, I’m so sorry, gusto kong magsabi ng totoo pero hindi ko alam kung paano umpisahan. Natatakot ako kaya umalis ako [I want to tell the truth but I don’t know how to start. I was afraid that is why I left]…Sorry, sorry, Mama.”

Asked why they were not ruling the incident a suicide, Mabanag cited “inconsistencies in the statements” of Failon.

Mabanag also noted that, although the entry wound was on the victim’s left temple, the .380 caliber pistol she was shot with was on her right side.

The weapon was licensed but was not covered by a permit to carry, Mabanag said.

He said everyone in the house, including a still unidentified male, would be subjected to paraffin tests, Mabanag said.

Bonifacio Geroche, head of the Tierra Pura security said they were not informed about the shooting and only found out about it when the police arrived at around 4 p.m.

A witness told the Philippine Daily Inquirer (parent company of he saw Failon leaving the hospital emergency room around 1 p.m. in a bloodied polo shirt and wearing a surgical mask to avoid identification by policemen and reporters posted outside.

He then left on a blue Pajero with plate number NPE-293.

The gardener of a neighbor of Failon's said that before noon, he saw the broadcaster in a bloodied shirt as he was about to board the Pajero in his garage with another woman crying. But he did not see Failon’s wife.

He said he did not hear any gunshots coming from Failon's concrete house with glass windows and landscaped yard.

Police investigators were only able to interview witnesses in the hospital and got the address of Failon at around 4 p.m., more than five hours after the shooting took place. They also said the Pajero was cleaned and newly washed.
    With reports from Maila Ager,, Nancy Carvajal, Inquirer
  4. edtf

Oct 10, 2007
    May her soul rest in peace
  5. Mukhang Bersa 380 ang ginamit
  6. g17green

Mar 3, 2009
    Alam natin mga sirs na pag mahihirap na tao ang pinangyarihan ng ganito,,, pinagpipistahan ng media, at they are very brave para patawan ka kaagad ng kasalanan na di pa napapatunayang ikaw ang may gawa,,, kasama na jan ang mga side comments nila "ON AIR" pero pag sila na ang nakadisgrasya gusto nila respetuhin muna natin ang "PRIVACY" nila. Haaayyyy ang pilipinas talagang wala nang asenso. Pag mayaman ka lusot ka pag mahirap ka sabit ka, sabit ka na, lulupaan ka pa nila,,, without knowing the real story behind.
  7. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Notorious

Jul 27, 2006
    I agree with you Evan, 100%. How many times have we seen them put a microscope on murders, rapes, etc without any regard for the victim or the accused?
  8. dbiggershot

May 31, 2008
    i do agree with the process done by CIDU and SOCO, dapat talaga isalang sa lahat ng investigation si Failon, tama kayo kung iba katindi niya tumira ng mga masasamang komento, ngayon at siya na ang nadungisan e gusto privacy... Too obvious that it might have a foul play.. i cant imagine a litterate wife of his can barely write a good suicide note, at lahat may "PO", ano yun, si "katulong" ang nagsulat????.. well sana ma-solve ng SOCO, and im sure they realyy have waited this tyoe of case, lalot ang taong involve e siya yung kahilig bumatikos..

Jul 13, 2005
    SJ/The Sin City
    this is the guy that says the final word on their newscasting?..something like "Naglilingkod sa inyo saan man sa mundo". I read somewhere he is a pro-gun?

News items from Inquirer and Manila Times, even if you're not that CSI-type-kinda guy, makes you think theres something fishy here: fast good clean up job of the scene, and then the vehicle too. (sino maka isip maglinis ng kotse when somebody just get shot?), and somebody mentioned bullet entry point is from the left while the victim is right handed...and the 5 hrs elapsed before medical attention was rendered...tsaka yung sulat kuno, hindi naman ata suicide note ang dating, paalam lang na lumayas sandali to cool off.

assuming tutuo lahat yan, he's in hot water indeed! marami pa version nito in the coming days. abangan natin!
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  10. Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Daming ted failon fans dito :) joke
    What goes around, comes attention I mean
  11. isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    Was she left or right-handed?

I agree with what Evan said. If it's their own, they're willing to sweep everything under the rug.

I also agree with Vicara's observations. Despite of the chaos happening on their family, somebody thought of "cleaning up."
  12. Allegra

Mar 16, 2003

akala ko mayaman ang pinag pipistahan ng media?
    who wants to hear the domestic problems ng mga poor?
    walang ma attack and collect kasi
  13. hannibal357

Mar 7, 2009
    No less than the Vice-President of the Republic of the Philippines was on the crime scene.

We were not born yesterday to think that our PNP investigators would not be influenced or swayed by his presence there.
  14. Wp.22

Jan 17, 2005
    she's left handed.

ABS has already started the damage control imagine the top executives of ABS and VP noli are at his house while Mr. Etong is being investigated by the police. I hope VP noli came as friend not as the VP of the country.

On the late night SNN program Boy abunda and kris aquino told teh viewers that the victim was shot from right temple but on the earlier report from TV patrol and DZMM reporters and GMA news that it was from left to right.

While on TV patrol karen davila is asking field reporter gretchen malalad if she has a copy of the alleged suicide note. ( ano yun pwede photocopy ang evidence)
  15. edtf

Oct 10, 2007

said to be left handed but there was something about finding the gun on the right.
    YUP!!!! clean bathroom and clean car. Just imagine your wife was shot and you are waiting word in the hospital but have your house and car cleaned - hmm......

Wasn't he reportedly being convinced by the opposition to run for senator.

I'm sure the cops will do a thorough job - To many people watching PLUS he wasn't well loved by the PNP
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  16. ppts799

ppts799 Daisho

Oct 12, 2002
    yes, from what i heard, the gun was found in her right hand. i also heard somewhere (cant remember where) that statistics show women do not shoot themselves in the head. they are more of the pill overdose or jumping off a building type.

speaking of . . . what happened to the son of sen. miriam? parang everybody just kept quite, didn't agree to autopsy and everything was forgotten na.

with that, let's wait for the side of ted muna to know all sides of the story. :)

ironic , wife of a person who's taken a side against guns and gun owners getting shot, with their gun.
  18. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

Mar 14, 2006
    sana maka survive yung victim

god bless
  19. lagpok

Aug 21, 2008
    Amen to that sir...