close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Team Glock

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Butch, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur Millennium Member CLM

Dec 17, 1998
    Minnesota
  2. Seale Team

Seale Team

Aug 20, 2012
    Immature comment removed. :)

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012

3. bryandover

bryandover

Jul 5, 2012
    Missouri
    Wayne, can you get someone to take over Greeley? Jerry said Sunday he's done.

4. Seale Team

Seale Team

Aug 20, 2012

What??? I havent heard anything. PM me what brought this on...

5. Melissa5

Melissa5

Feb 4, 2010
    NE Georgia
    Michelle was shooting with K.C. on the super squad at the Georgia State USPSA match a few weeks ago. She looks even smaller in person than on TV.

6. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

Aug 29, 2005
    North Georgia
    Yep, she was with KC when they shot our stage. She is a pretty girl. In which I believe is the reason they signed her for Team Glock, instead of her shooting.

7. That wasn't very kind... but Team Glock is also about 'grip and grin'.

8. Roadkill_751

Roadkill_751 5 or 6 rounds?

Aug 29, 2005
    North Georgia
    I have my fingers stuck in my ears.....NAH NAH NAH:whistling::popcorn:

9. 9mmdude

9mmdude

Sep 8, 2001
    USA
    I'm glad they are keeping the team going. They should pay some of the gssf masters like Butch to shoot.

10. GSSF does... every year at Conyers! :faint:

11. Melissa5

Melissa5

Feb 4, 2010
    NE Georgia
    She was the high lady in the production division, but she wasn't the high lady overall. She was only about 20% better than me and that's pretty bad. LOL

12. ArrowJ

ArrowJ

Jun 2, 2004
    Illinois
  13. Well, I'll tell you... I was at the NRA National in April and Gunny and Tori were at the Glock booth. Gunny had his usual 2 mile, 8 hour long wait and Tori had one person in her line. I went up and spoke with her but she didn't give me the warm-fuzzies and was rather indifferent. A lot of jobs like these are the ability to relate to people. Granted, Tori is a lot younger than Michelle, and with different life's experiences, but if Michelle can shoot okay, and relate well, she'll do fine.

14. Justin1911

Justin1911

Feb 5, 2006
    Northeast GA
    Team glock is a marketing thing as much or more than shooting. How many unattractive or unpersonable marketing reps have you ever met? None. She can always learn to shoot.

15. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

Jan 3, 2009
    Smyrna, GA
    She shot the USPSA NC Sectional match here two weekends ago... did pretty good.

16. Kilted Warrior

Kilted Warrior

Jan 17, 2000
    There are attractive women who can also shoot at a high level. From what I read elsewhere, she is a D class shooter in USPSSA at about 35% on her classifier of record. Granted, she could improve that greatly, but that is the word on her right now.

This is a bit of an insult to the ladies previously on Team Glock who were contenders and not just blatant eye candy.

At best, this gives Glock a black eye on the shooting circuit because everyone knows the score. The probability is that it is another scandal waiting to happen.

17. What's the score?? She has a background in shooting and she's military. Perhaps her life's priorties of late, have given her less time to practice than previous or current Team Glock members, but I wouldn't write her off BECAUSE she's attractive. Furthermore, the last scandal wasn't any female Team Glock shooter's fault as your post tends to imply.

18. Kilted Warrior

Kilted Warrior

Jan 17, 2000
    I am well aware of what happened, and nothing I wrote implies anything about the victim in that case.

What I am saying about this newest team member is that she does not compare skill wise to previous members of the team. Maybe she will be competitive at some point, but she isn't now. There are plenty of lady shooters out there who are competitive. This clearly wasn't a choice made on skill. She is clearly a model first.

JulieG and Randi are shooters that parents can show their daughters as role models. The newest member is not an example that I would want to hold up to my daughter based upon her self promotional material, and this will be the source of PR problems pertaining to her.