close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Team Glock site back up and new

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by SARDG, Aug 26, 2011.

1. SARDG

SARDG

2. mike g35

mike g35

Thanks for the link and thanks for the info. anytime I hear Carver you guys know i'm gonna check it out.

3. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Wholly GSSF Batman......That's me holding the timer running the shooter!!!:shocked:

I think that was from the Conyers Match last year!:supergrin:

Dan:cool:

4. mike g35

mike g35

:rofl:Sorry not laughing at you just at the way you expressed that, good one.

5. ede

ede Bama's Friend

you're famous. maybe i can get a pic with you so i can show my frinds i know someone famous, besides Mike.

6. mike g35

mike g35

I didn't even know I was famous Ed!!!!:tongueout: Just kidding sir.

7. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Not famous...Notorious!:supergrin:

8. mike g35

mike g35

Okay now notorious......maybe I can see that. :)

9. mike g35

mike g35

I'm probably "notorious" due to all the questions I ask and the amount of threads I put on here. Not too mention the cocky attitude I had before my first match (oops!!!sorry by the way:embarassed:). But when I was diagnosed with colon cancer and told I would be dead in 6 months I escaped into my guns and shooting to get through chemo and haven't laid it down since. It saved my life. Plus I'm always fishing for the next helpful tip or technique. Really what I'm trying to say is if I have offended anyone or if I have said some things that made you guys mad I'm sorry. All that aside where I come from, in my town, if you run with the crowd you get high and you get drunk. I choose not too do any of that. So basically all I have in my life is shooting and tlking bout shooting. And I may not be all that great of a shooter yet and I may ask alot of stupid questions but bear with me and I give you all my word I will become a better shooter not too mention a better man.:supergrin: My goal is simple.... I want to become a sponsored shooter and I will do whatever is necassary to accomplish my goal. I thought knowing my back story a little might give you guys a better understanding of mike g35.

10. ron59

ron59 Bustin Caps

I'm almost certain the guy pictured center top left, (guy in blue shirt with youngster) is Bruce Hurt. He's head of the Mecklenburg IDPA, and coach at a local school. Good guy. He's a GSSF Master, and an expert in IDPA.

I'll have to let him know his picture is on there...

11. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Mike, I was refering to ME!:embarassed:
    Anyway, I wish you continue good health and cancer free life! I'm looking forward to meeting you at a match one day. If all goes well, I'll be at Conyers, Lexington and running the Pensacola match.:faint:

12. mikey357

mikey357 CLM

Apparently, the "Powers That Be" at GLOCK haven't gotten around to revamping the GSSF Website...just looked at IT, and Dave S's Pics are all over the place...Wonder if he signed any RELEASES for THAT use??? Hhmmm....mikey357

13. mike g35

mike g35

Hey no worries Dan I didn't take any offense to anything you said, after all here on the GSSF forum I AM notorious. But I guess thats what you get when you think your Dave Sevigny before you have even shot your first match, talk about learning my lesson:embarassed:. I was just sharing that info so some of the guys here that don't understand how a new shooter can love the sport as much as I do will understand me a little better.

I will be in Lexington, I think I'm going to shoot on sunday this time though because Bobby said he would like to meet me there if he can make it (gonna be there for a reunion) and lord knows as much as I talk to the man I would like to meet him as well.

And on a side-note I would very much like to meet you as well. Anyone wearing a Team Carver Custom jersey is on my list of people to meet since thats the team I am really wanting to earn a spot on one day. Why shoot with the rest when you can shoot for the best right? I wear a Carver Custom jersey that Bobby sent me but it represents the company I'm not represented by the company. I wear it mainly to show I'm a fan and a supporter of Bobby's team and company and just a friend of Bobbys. With some more practice and alot more matches under my belt I will eventually get there. For now I will just watch and learn from you, Bobby, Ed, the other guys on the team and the rest of the experienced shooters I've met on here. Hope I see you in Lexington,
    Mike:wavey:

14. DEJ/FL

DEJ/FL Millennium Member

Mike
    We drive to Lexington and it's a 10 to 11 hour trip. We drive up Friday, Shoot Saturday and travel back of Sunday. We have been known to stop by the range to say goodbye to the GSSF staff on our way on Sunday.

Maybe we'll run across each other. Than again you could come to our Pensacola match and I know we will see one another has I'll be there all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday.:faint:

15. mike g35

mike g35

I won't be able to make it too any matches that far away for a while, due to transportation issues. But I plan on shooting as many of the east coast matches that I can get to when I get that sorted out. Plus I just started a new job and I don't think my boss would appreciate me going. Good thing about the job though, I showed my boss the GSSF website and told him too go ahead and plan on me not being there on any of the match days (east coast only)once I get my wheels fixed. Thanks for the invite, maybe I will shoot both days I already have them off and Lexington isn't that far away from my home at all.

16. misunderestimated

misunderestimated

Well I just purchased a couple of the anniversary T shirts and a new coffee mug.

I put allot of other stuff in my shopping cart and I just asked myself

"self do you really need this when will you use it "

Anything I would not use this week I removed from the shopping cart. Still ended up spending close to a hundred

But it's all stuff I need

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  17. SARDG

SARDG

It didn't go unnoticed by me that the new site has a functional and seemingly user friendly e-commerce component. Why, it probably won't be long before Glock sets up an e-commerce site for Armorers to order parts online... :whistling:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  18. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Still Alive

Nice updated Glock site, inspired me to place an order for a couple of t-shirts, coffee cup and bandana. Hopefully ship out quicker than the parts orders.

19. SARDG

SARDG

Let us know.