close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Teachers Face Investigations for Anti-Obama Messages

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DOC44, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009

2. automatic slim

automatic slim Walmart Shopper

May 28, 2007
    Disputed Territory
    Sounds like the Sedition Act Part II....

Praise Him!!!!!!!:notworthy:

3. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    So... they speak in a non-employment setting and are to be subjected to sanction by their employer? So... are you comfortable with an employer being permitted to censor free speech?

4. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    From what one can gather here at gt, there is no problem with censoring the speech of people who are teachers, etc. There does not appear to be such support for the general employer censoring of speech by employees when not on the clock.

5. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    A private employer, yes. Of course. I represent my employer 24-7. I'm bound by an ethics and conduct agreement.

A public employer, no. First amendment restricts the government from exactly what happened here. She was criticizing the government.

6. dukeblue91

dukeblue91

Sep 6, 2012
    Raleigh, NC
    This is all quite contrary from what I experienced in My sons public middle school.
    2 days before elections my son came home telling me that a teacher told them that they the kids need to remind the parents to vote for Obama because Romney send all the jobs to China and we all be unemployed if he wins.

I can't even begin to tell you how I felt about this not only about the misinformation and outright lying but also to call kids to arms by teachers with a agenda.
    And getting into things no school should meddle in.
    I called the school and school board to complain and asking for a investigation and also emailed that teacher and gave her a huge piece of my mind but don't see anything happening beyond that point.

It is really sad when teacher stop to teach and instead using the classroom for whatever agendas the deem fit and that goes both ways.
    This stuff has no room in a classroom.
    What a teacher says outside of school to Facebook or wherever is their believe and business but school should be taboo of that.

7. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga! Platinum Member

I couldn't agree more. My wife was teacher that was highly respected - parents went to the school at the beginning of the year to try a make sure their kids got in her class.

Then politics got in the way and inferior teachers were getting promoted. Finally, the union came in and she wanted no part of that. She loved the kids but just couldn't take the crap from the administration and unions.

9. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    vee have vays of making you talk, and vee have vays of silencing you.

10. Hef

Hef Stop Obammunism

Sep 12, 2004
    Hilton Head, SC
    You must have missed the part where the teachers posted their thoughts on Facebook using their personal accounts. Read it again, Slow.

11. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    Your wife leaving was a loss to the children.... not that THAT will bother union moguls or admin boot lickers.

No public service group should be unionized.

12. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS
    I always type my replies very slow to Bruce. Doesn't seem to help.

He still has trouble with the quote button....let alone thinking about what someone tells him in the replies before he responds...

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    He doesn't need to think. He spews the same Marxist bilge no matter what.

14. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

May 19, 2005

15. Fred Hansen

Fred Hansen Liberal Bane

May 19, 2005
    Dang! No reply Bruce?

I was dying to see how cool that cluster **** of a quote would look in BruceVB Code™.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

16. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

The public indoctrination system is slowly exposing itself for what it is.

17. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

Yes, I think so, too......but, it's very very slow.

It could be quick, if the news outlets that most non-interested people rely on, were not agenda driven.

Most people still cling to the notion that giving more and more money to public schools is the answer......but, that's part of the problem. The more money they have to expand, the more social engineering we get......:whistling:

ooc

18. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Agree in its entirety...

19. gilfo

gilfo

Mar 14, 2008
    Quote:
    Congrats to those dependent on government, homosexuals, potheads, JAY-Z fans, non-Christians, non-taxpayers, illegals, communists, Muslims, planned murder clinics, enemies of America, Satan You WON,” the unidentified teacher wrote.

And you wonder why Obama won another term. Somebody tell this guy and the rest of the GOP it is not the 1950's anymore. This way of thinking is not going to get you into the White House or any other office for that matter. Unfortunately for you homosexuals, potheads, NON CHRISTIANS, Muslims and PLANNED MURDER CLINICS are American voters. The good ole boy network's members are a dieing breed and no longer have the power to put "one of their own" in the big chair anymore. So either open your minds or shrink and die away.

20. ICARRY2

ICARRY2 NRA Life Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Both teachers need to sue the parents who complained for filing malicious and discriminatory complaints.