close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Teacher gets lesson in Americanism

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Guss, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Guss

Guss
    Expand Collapse

No, you can't force a school child to say the Pledge.

www.tampabay.com/news/education/k12...iring-fourth-grader-to-participate-in/2150894

You'd think that by the time someone gets a college degree they would know that religious discrimination is a no-no, but Hernando County, Florida is a pretty hick place.

At least it was a practical learning experience for the children.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

This is the kind of BS that's tearing apart this country. What's wrong with pledging allegiance to the country you live in?

This has nothing to do with religion and is in no way any form of religious discrimination.

Atheists are behind this crap and are using religion as a wedge to destroy this country with all this "freedom of religion" crap.

This was never intended to be a country where you worship any religion or any God you choose. That's a friggin myth created by heathen religions and atheists.

#2 JBnTX, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  3. Guss

Guss
    Expand Collapse

If JBnTX didn't exist, we'd have to invent him for satire.

4. The Maggy

The Maggy
    Expand Collapse

The boy's family is Jehovah Witness'.... that obviously make it the Atheists fault. The mental gymnastics is astounding.

5. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass
    Expand Collapse
    Tactically Epic

Wait the first ammendment doesn't exist?

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

6. Guss

Guss
    Expand Collapse

Ever spent time abroad? What countries did you pledge allegiance to?

7. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

Freedom of religion doesn't mean you can worship any God, anyway you see fit or not even worship any God if you so choose. That's nothing more than paganism.

The freedom of religion concept as outlined in the US Constitution was intended to protect a person's right to worship Christianity as they saw fit. That the government would not establish that this was a Catholic or a Protestant country. People would not be forced to accept Calvinism or Lutheranism. They could worship the Christian God as they saw fit.

The founding fathers were no more concerned with what non-Christian religions and atheists thought than they were about what minorities and women thought.

Since then other religions and atheists have bastardized and diluted the intent of the founding fathers in any attempt to destroy Christianity and use religion as a weapon against this Christian country.

#7 JBnTX, Nov 6, 2013
  8. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

That little kid doesn't have any so called "religious right" to refuse to cite the Pledge of Allegiance.

This is just another attempt to destroy the American culture and replace it with a multicultural and secular society where chaos and Godlessness rules.

#8 JBnTX, Nov 6, 2013
  9. Guss

Guss
    Expand Collapse

If you bothered to read the article, he didn't even need a religious right. No child can be forced to say the pledge.

I think any judge will tell you the value of a coerced promise in a court of law.

10. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass
    Expand Collapse
    Tactically Epic

Jb really is satire.....

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

11. Guss

Guss
    Expand Collapse

You're kind of right about that, but not in the way you intended. Thomas Jefferson said:
    "But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

12. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

Thomas Jefferson said that and the atheists, the pagan religions and other non-American heathens have been beating this country over the head with it ever since.

13. Guss

Guss
    Expand Collapse

"Why is it we have to say the pledge every day? Does it wear off or something?"
    - author forgotten.

14. Guss

Guss
    Expand Collapse

You mean like the Native Americans who made the mistake of letting us in?

15. Guss

Guss
    Expand Collapse

Well, Hernando County did used to have a more influential Christian culture that kept things in order...
    www.floridamemory.com/items/show/138213
    But those days are past.

16. sugarcreek

sugarcreek
    Expand Collapse
    familyman

OOF. I will grant you they were men of their times obviously and constrained in their better minds perhaps. I some ways you are right of course, even in a fundamental Christian way, but this WAY has gone by the wayside quite logically and for good reason. For example painful as it may be women are quite capable n every way and should vote. In no way are blacks or Jews less entitled to the individual liberties or American citizenship.

17. DonCT

DonCT
    Expand Collapse

It makes me sad that people like him are disappearing.

His blind hate and uncomprehending anger makes me feel all warm inside.

I picture him watching Blaze TV and turning green.

"JBnTX angry!!! JBnTX smash things!!!"

18. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

That's where I disagree.

That "WAY" that you mention is the American culture. A culture that founded and built this great country.

Today that culture is under attack and being misrepresented as being a culture of bigotry, homophobic closemindedness, religious fanaticism and hatred.

That American culture is rapidly being replaced with a secular, Godless society where anything is allowed under the disguise that if it doesn't harm another person, then it's alright.

The concept of individual freedom has been twisted and abused so that most Americans now think that they can do anything they want, because they have the "right" to do anything they want.

We now live in a society where one person can say they're "offended" and 300 million others must immediately change their time proven customs to avoid offending that one person.

Do you really want to give that one person that much control over the majority? Once you do, then kiss your civilized society goodbye.

Maybe the destruction of our American culture is the ultimate goal of atheism? Maybe that's why they attack everything good that this country stands for?

#18 JBnTX, Nov 6, 2013
  19. muscogee

muscogee
    Expand Collapse

Actually, its a Jewish concept.
    Do you owe allegiance to God or the State? Can the State require the churches to display an American Flag in the Sanctuary?

20. sugarcreek

sugarcreek
    Expand Collapse
    familyman

I appreciate what you are saying JB and I think you are right to some large extent. I feel your pain too. Of course we are losing our culture on many points I agree. The ethic of work. The destruction of the human spirit by government "wellfare". The unbalance of government when it comes to local, state, and federal power and representation. I just come at the woman, black, Christian thing from a more humanist, agnostic, libertarian bent within an American conservative patriotic tolerance. Believe me, no one offends quite like the OFFENDED.

#20 sugarcreek, Nov 6, 2013