close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

tea

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by lethal tupperwa, Oct 6, 2005.

1. When I ws living in the UK alot of place served this tea with a stick of cinnamon. It was a very common method and a subsitute for sugar.

2. Remander

Remander

Nov 9, 2002
    Louisiana
    I used to be an Earl Grey and Lady Grey nut, but I grew tired of them for some reason. They are, however, very good if you have a sore throat. That bergamot oil, which gives Earl Grey its distinctive flavor, is quite soothing.

I am (and have been for years) very much a fan of Yorkshire Tea. I also enjoy PG Tips, which is similar to Yorkshire Tea in flavor but much more available in the states.

PG Tips and Yorkshire are just a bit stronger than most teas (one bag of Yorkshire easily makes 2 cups of strong tea), so I like a drop of honey and a teaspoon of milk in my cuppa of those.

I am a major coffee drinker in the a.m., but nothing beats a good cup of Yorkshire Tea on a winter day. Very soothing and relaxing.

3. Do you put milk in your tea?
    I personaly think that putting milk in tea is something that only a degenerates would do, but seems that in uk its quite common.

Earl Gray is good, I would also suggest Indian blends, some of them have a very good aroma

4. You're right, milk sux in tea, that's why I use half&half! ;z ;a ;z

5. Remander

Remander

Nov 9, 2002
    Louisiana
    I do not put milk in Earl Grey, but I do put about a teaspoon of milk (and a spot of honey) in my PG Tips and Yorkshire Tea.

I saw plenty of folks in Yorkshire do the same, so it's no sacrilege.

6. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

Aug 20, 2002
    Virginia
    but with tea you put it in the cup and add the tea to it.;P

7. I think that is to reduce the temp of the tea so the fine bone china teacup won't crack when you pour the hot tea into it.

8. revjen45

revjen45

Nov 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Earl Gray green tea with no additives. Delicious with a baklava.
    "I personaly think that putting milk in tea is something that only a degenerates would do, but seems that in uk its quite common."
    I always thought the UK mostly consists of degenerates who for some reason think they are the ne plus of Western Civilization.

9. Str8shootr

Str8shootr

Dec 13, 2004
    Indianapolis
    I am not big on hot tea, but love ice tea, drink it all day long. Was having trouble sleeping (DUH) and switched to brewing Luzianne De-caf. Tastes great ..... plus, tea is really good for diabetics, and reducing the risk of cancer....some studies show black tea is as good as green tea for these purposes.