close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tea Party Political Stances

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by M&P15T, Jan 30, 2013.

1. AirCav

AirCav Out Front! CLM

Aug 12, 2000
    Tennessee
    Agreed.

Taxed
    Enough
    Already

The media and others with similar agendas have been somewhat successful in muddying that message with all of the usual negative conservative stereotypes. Some people who identify with the TEA Party have muddied it themselves by not fully understanding the focus of the movement. The very loosely organized and decentralized structure also makes it difficult to manage the message. It is not intended to be just another conservative group.

2. N4LP

N4LP

Nov 4, 2008
    Austin, TX
    There are at least two ways you can answer this question:

Realistically
    Ideologically

And then you can spend hours arguing over the two answers.

3. Abortion is hardly a new thing. Midwives knew centuries ago that certain combinations of herbs could induce labor.

Although I don't like the idea of abortion it's not the imperial governments job to either allow or deny it. It's a states rights issue at most.

All the Best,
    D. White

4. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

If they have any sense, they'll stay out of social and personal issues that don't affect them and focus on the political ones that do.

5. HarlDane

HarlDane

Jul 26, 2005
    San Joaquin Valley
    Bachmann is chair of the Tea Party Caucus and she seems to like gays enough to marry one.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  6. Big Bird

Big Bird NRA Life Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Louisville KY
    I love abortion. Its the best defense we have against liberals. Let them abort their offspring into oblivion. That's the best way to keep them from voting!

7. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

Sep 3, 2008
    Tea Party doesn't have a stance, individual members do.

Libertarian Party doesn't have a stance, individual members do.

Libertarian Party -
    Individuals should be free to make choices for themselves and to accept responsibility for the consequences of the choices they make. No individual, group, or government may initiate force against any other individual, group, or government. Our support of an individual's right to make choices in life does not mean that we necessarily approve or disapprove of those choices

8. ChiTownPicaro

ChiTownPicaro

Jul 16, 2012
    My suggestion would be to look at how the Tea Party candidates voted on these issues. I remember the questions about legitimate rape and carrying a rape child to term. As far as gay marriage goes, look at how their candidates voted. If they did not vote that candidate out or try to change their candidates positions on these issues, then you can safely assume they agree with that candidate.