close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

TBO and the concept of "anti-authority."

Discussion in 'Civil Liberties Issues' started by RickD, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/03/15/colorado-boy-faces-charges-parents-deaths/?test=latestnews
    Now, of course this 12 year old was home schooled, so there is no way to know if he exhibited any behavior that would have predicted to teachers and administrators the pending violence had he been in a public school.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  2. RickD

RickD Pro-Open Curry Millennium Member

Sep 26, 1999
    Arizona
    I come back from vacation and find the status quo. I'd hoped for better, although I didn't really expect it.

In the end, no answer after all this time (yeah, I re-read Post #5... what sentence contained the "answer"? The one that wants us to believe that a lawyer's common advice not talk to LEO?). Meh.

So, as far as TBO's post is concerned, "anti-authority" has no deep contextual meaning, and is meant only to taunt and to suppress argumentation (like calling someone a racist, or, heck, anti-healthcare, for that matter). So I'll exercise my right not to take offense to his emptiness. :honkie:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011

3. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    I believe Sam's previous post is appropriate here, too.

4. RickD

RickD Pro-Open Curry Millennium Member

Sep 26, 1999
    Arizona
    The answer, dear NCL, is in Post #5, eh, somewhere. Not sure what sentence brings it altogether, but I hear tell that a golden nugget of truth (all caps) exists in the dark regions of that brave post.

Well, I am both prompt and direct. However, I do explore. For example, I mentioned that what was being described as "anti-authority" is the common practice of defense attorneys. Seems odd for him to become angry when a person takes the time-proven advice of someone who graduated from law school and passed their state Bar exam.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  5. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

6. OldCurlyWolf

OldCurlyWolf

Aug 7, 2010
    There is a streak of anti-authoritarianism in the majority of the progeny of those who came to this country to get away from it in other countries. That makes it in a majority of the population.

Me included. I am a LAC, but don't mess with me. I have no problem talking to the LEO's when I have something pertinent to say, but don't start questioning me for no legal or apparent reason. If I am not in custody and one starts that I will just walk away. If one lays hands on me without justification, look for assault charges. I am not out there crossing the line, don't cross mine.:cool:

7. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Hoven't you learned yet? Sit down. Shut up. Do as you are told. We won't have any problems then.

-Dana

8. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Isn't that the question? Where is the balance point between indivual liberties and society's interets?

-Dana

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  9. *ASH*

*ASH*

Jan 12, 2008
    barbed
    never been to civil liberties . not much here

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  10. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Might be a good time to reintroduce this thread...

Some in current threads didn't participate when this first came out...

11. clancy

clancy

Feb 16, 2011
    Interesting. In the cop section there is a thread about a cop complaining about his car being searched for a weapon when he and his family wanted to pass the border into Canada. There were a lot of posters talking about how wrong that was. Would that be considered anti-authority, even though the Canadian customs officials felt completely justified in their suspicion?

12. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Depends on the content of the post(s).
    As for individuals, post history can often be self defining.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014

13. Anti-authority regarding Canadian laws? Come to Toronto or Patchmanabad and throw your "I'm an American. I have rights" around.

Even North Korea might have gotten this right!

This is how the "Ugly American" started.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.