TBO and the concept of "anti-authority."

Discussion in 'Civil Liberties Issues' started by RickD, Mar 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would hope your powers of observation were better than that. A simple check of previous posts would show you are wrong. In your line of work though I can see where paranoia is healthy.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Thinly veiled but present nonetheless.

We are defined by the life choices that we make, a simple check of previous posts would show that.

3. We can exchange subtle insults forever. I still feel that getting a ticket for having snow on my license plate, when it is snowing, is BS. But then again, I don't have to worry about meeting a quota or justify a fishing expedition by writing a ticket. I also think that pulling someone over with the hopes of getting another DWI arrest, and then using as lame as an excuse as "your license plate lights appear dim" is also BS. Your point of view is different, because it has to be to justify your employment.

4. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

Who has a quota?
    They took that away by law decades ago.
    Now I can write as many as I like! :cool:

5. No quota here. Hell, I really don't have to do anything at work but answer radio calls.

Anybody who actually knows LE work knows you don't really have to work hard for an OVI arrest, they're always there.

Again, you don't know what you don't know and it's proven over and over and over again.

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Clancy - the tax paying public understands your position and sympathizes with you. It's harassment. They may justify it because they make some arrests on those stops but that doesn't justify fabricating reasons to stop citizens. There are more important things than arresting "criminals", like the freedom to move about without being harassed.

The dim plate lights was a fabricated reason to stop you. Without making that excuse up the trooper was breaking the law and violating your civil rights. By fabricating it everything is nice and legal but fundamentally no different.

If you were able to sue him personally things like this would stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

7. I am glad I am not the only one who gets this. And yet some cops act surprised when people look at them as adversaries instead of allies.

#248 clancy, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  8. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

You're not alone. You're out there hustling to make an honest living and pay taxes. You don't deserve to be hassled unnecessarily like that, while your tax dollars pay for it.

9. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

Often comments are a reflection of the poster.

10. So what was your username the first time around?

11. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

You seem to know your way around already. 😎

12. I, as well as TBO are municipal police officers.

What is it that you do for a living?

13. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

They have their own echo chamber called CopTalk under Serving America.

14. TBO

TBO Why so serious?
    CLM

Definitely a retread. Definitely.