Taurus PT1911 9mm

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by 123me, Jul 25, 2014.

1. 123me

So, I've got a Taurus PT1911 in 9mm on the way. Should I plan on buying AMMO:supergrin: or ASPIRIN :steamed:?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    WTS: CZ75 SP01 Fantom/Taurus PT1911/Para Ordinance 1911 and others Firearms Listings Dec 13, 2014
    Taurus pt1911 1911 Forums Apr 9, 2011
    Taurus PT1911-Should I Pop? 1911 Forums Aug 2, 2010
    Taurus PT1911 or STI Spartan ? Band of Glockers Jun 21, 2010
    What do I need to do to my Taurus PT1911 to fire 45 Super ammo in it??? 1911 Forums Jan 30, 2010

3. If you are worried about it then why buy it? I would buy ammo and assume it will be O.K.

4. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

You could certainly sell it to Fipper before you shoot it. He thinks they are right up there with the Wilsons and Baers. :dunno:

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Neither,......get a box of tampons.

6. FLIPPER 348

FLIPPER 348 Happy Member

When have I ever said anything like that??

7. :animlol:

8. Buy some aspirin and save the ammo until after you buy some parts for it.

The frame and slide will be ok to keep.

Best of luck.

#7 Totn27, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  9. That's the only thing worth a damn on the Taurus. Of course, they managed to ruin the frame with those scratches they try to pass off as checkering.

10. Taurus, Keltec, and some Rugers don't get much if any respect here on GT. If it's reliable for you, enjoy. If not, I've heard that they improved their support by adding more people on the phones and processing returns so hopefully the warranty repair turn around time is greatly reduced.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

11. I agree about Taurus and KelTec, but I think Ruger gets plenty of respect on GT. Sure there are haters, but that goes for any brand.

I'm actually not a Taurus hater. I've got a few Taurus revolvers that have been great and I also have a PT92 that I like. The 1911 leaves something to be desired, however. I think its the worst current production 1911 on the market.

12. I said "some Rugers" and I was referring to the LC9 and SR9C since many don't like the extra safety features.

I'd love to buy a Taurus, but the QC is just too hit or miss. The last two I shot, a PT1911 and a Raging Bull both had problems.

13. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Flipper is going to flip when he sees that! :rofl:

14. .....

#13 China boy, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  15. Buy ammo, and lots of it. I’ve got well over 1,000 rounds thru my PT 1911 in .45 ACP with zero problems. Only thing I’ve done to it is switch that anal ambi thumb safety that kept coming on while shooting with a Wilson Combat single side thumb safety. Can’t find any other negatives about the gun, except the finish is of poor quality and will wear off soon.

16. now that's funny :rofl::rofl:

17. quantico

quantico 1911 lover
    Millennium Member

I bought a Taurus 1911 in 45acp and assumed it would be a potential box of problems.. but mine has nice sights and works very well. My only issue is that the pistol is very loose shooting. The finish is not nearly as nice as an average bbq grill either.

18. Check the screw that holds the rear sight down. It’s a tiny little set screw set so deep in the sight that you need a good light and a magnifying glass to see it. Mine came loose. It started shooting all over the place, and when I found the rear sight was loose, and I tightened it up, it started shooting fine again.

19. SmithietheFox

SmithietheFox Stoner63A

A friend of mine bought one (one of the "match" models) NIB for a good price and after 400 rounds the extractor broke. Hope you have much better luck with yours OP!

20. :rofl::rofl::rofl: :wavey:

21. 123me

Update- Runs GREAT looks like crap!