close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Target practice recording system...

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by nordicglock, Nov 25, 2005.

1. nordicglock

nordicglock

Oct 11, 2005
    Howdy!

I'm on the lookout for a target practice score keeping system. I really feel the need to follow up my target practice and look for the following abilites in the program:

* Adapted to a small platform, like Palm, Windows Pocket PC or even Apple Newton
    * Easy input. You get the standard 25-meter target up on the screen an simply place alle the five shots on the virtual target on the hand held computer.
    * Export to known file formats like XLS for statistics
    * Accumulative statistics on the handheld, like the ability to monitor progress and accuracy.

Does this program exist? If not, I see a small business opporunity for an enterprising programmer... Cheers!

Pål,
    Oslo, Norway

2. I was once in the far north of Norway.All I had for protection against polar bears was an 8mm Mauser.Those bears are huge!!! I'm not sure 8mm would be enough.Fortunately I didn't have to find out.8mm Mauser does do a good on moose though. :)

3. nordicglock

nordicglock

Oct 11, 2005
    Yeah, I think the rifles you are issued in the island Svalbard (where the polar bears are) will do the trick if you are halfway qualified to shoot a rifle.

A guy from the shooting sports club I am a member of went to Svalbard to do some research (geology) and had his 44 Magnum as personal polar bear protector. I think for hand guns, 44 Magnum is the smalles allowed. Quite cool, acutually, Svalbard is a bit like the Wild West. "Sorry, son! That Glock 40 S&W ain't doing the trick here. Here: have this Ruger 44 revolver to lend. It's on the hotel, but be sure to leave it at the entrance of the bar when you go in. Or take this H&K G3".