close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Tapco mags... Worth it?

Discussion in 'Gun-Parts & Access.' started by BurkGlocker, Apr 2, 2010.

1. BurkGlocker

BurkGlocker Texas Redneck

Feb 25, 2010
    Burkburnett, TX
    YES!!!

I got my 20 rounders for the SKS today and of course, had to run to the range to try them out. After 10 boxes through the two mags, not a single hitch and the bolt stayed open after the last round was fired. I somehow broke the nub off on the 10 round internal magazine's follower and the bolt wouldnt stay open after the last round, so I bought an aftermarket mag and even when looking at it, it looked cheap, but I needed a new mag. It wouldnt keep the bolt open either, so I gave up on my SKS. I bought the Tapcos hoping to breathe new life into it, and you know what, they did!

So, rocking on and plan on getting a few more for stock.

BG

2. G36Packer

G36Packer

Jan 7, 2002
    Texas
    While researching replacing the stock and original non-removable magazine Tapco had better reviews than any other manufacturer for the SKS mags. Now the SKS has a folding collapsible stock and a Tapco mag. It looks great but haven't been able to shoot it yet.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010