close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tapco Magazines 7.62X39mm

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by carloglock19, Mar 18, 2011.

1. carloglock19

carloglock19
    Expand Collapse

Anyone use them on your WASR? I picked up 4 from my last gun show outing really cheap and they didn't quite fit. So I broke out the dremel tool and modified them a little. I sanded down the part that catches the mag release. I was careful not to over do it, the 1st one was a little rough but the others look good. I will be using these at the range only. I know Tapco Crapco but couldnt pass up $7 a piece. Gotta love dremel tools!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. motorcyclist

motorcyclist
    Expand Collapse

For all the bad they're supposed to be, I have 2 that fit fine and work even better in my saiga. Not as sturdy as the metal ones, but you can't beat them at the range.

3. Broncbuster

Broncbuster
    Expand Collapse
    Dying Breed

I have a few 20rnd ones and have not had a problem out of them.

4. FireForged

FireForged
    Expand Collapse
    Millenium #3936
    Millennium Member

There are millions of AK factory mags that are available for cheap.. Why is there such a desire to purchase aftermarket mags? I dont get it.

5. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr
    Expand Collapse
    DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

I've got one I use at the range, in my Mak90.
    It's been flawless so far.........still need to complete the parts count for 922 compliance.

6. carloglock19

carloglock19
    Expand Collapse

I have 5 factory mags so far and couldn't pass up the price on the Tapco mags! I just wanted to post in case someone else ran into the same situation with their mags!

7. Reswob

Reswob
    Expand Collapse

unproven crapco mags for only $1 less than commie steel? No ****ing way. I don't get how they stay in business making a product (almost) no one wants.

8. H&K .45 AUTO

H&K .45 AUTO
    Expand Collapse
    10-42

The prices for military surplus magazines would have to triple before I would consider spending even a few bucks on an aftermarket mag. IMHO... The military mags are time-tested, and battle-proven. I can't think of any reason to go with anything else, considering the track record of the real deal. Do let us know how they work out in the long-term though. Having to modify them with a dremel right out of the gate isn't a good sign though in my estimation.

9. Murgatroy

Murgatroy
    Expand Collapse

I have a dozen eastern euro mags and a handful of Tapco. My AK is a Romanian, but it has dimples. The Tapco mags feed flawless and I have yet to have an issue with them. Some of the metal mags I can't say the same for.

I get the Tapco mags for $10 out the door. I can find metal mags for less than $11 after shipping. The Tapco mags are local.

10. NHCraigT

NHCraigT
    Expand Collapse

I have multiple + AK steel mags, and use them in multiple AK's, but could not pass up on a $6.99 per Tapco mag deal.

Loaded up on a big order of them......(opsec).

All shoot fine...in all my AK's.

Lifetime warranty. Not a single malf. ever...even on earlier tapco mags I have had.

= That's my 2 cents.

#10 NHCraigT, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  11. Fangs404

Fangs404
    Expand Collapse

When I picked up my AK, it came with 2 Tapco mags. I've read bad things about them, but I haven't had any issues with them in the ~500 rounds I've put through my AK since I got it a couple months ago. I did pick up 5 Bulgarian steel mags from http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...n+30rd+Steel+AK47+7.62x39+Magazine&groupid=15 though. I prefer the steel mags, although there's no real reason. I just like the construction better.

12. Tailhunter

Tailhunter
    Expand Collapse
    Glockman

This will become someones signature ... I can feel it.

"Tapco is not an upgrade, no matter how many times you read about it in the want ads."

13. Freakazoid

Freakazoid
    Expand Collapse

Store threw in a tapco mag when I bought my AK. I've had no issues from it or my steel mags.

14. TheGrimReaper

TheGrimReaper
    Expand Collapse

I run away from anything from Tapco.

15. Aceman

Aceman
    Expand Collapse

I have some Tapco's that run like champs in my WASR - slighty BETTER than steel due to a little mag wobble. Fit is perfect, function is flawless.

I'd use them any day, anywhere. No excuse not to.

16. cole

cole
    Expand Collapse
    Millennium Member

My Tapcos run fine. Great range mags. If they don't fit in you WASR it's the WASR, which starts off as a single stack magwell and is opened up to a double.