close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Tanker truck 10-50!

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by GSD17, Mar 21, 2007.

1. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

Feb 23, 2004
    Alabama
    I am off today (I am a LEO), but earlier I got a call from one of the firemen at the local station.

Seems that 2 of the other firemen were taking their tanker truck to the training center, somehow ran off the road, and ROLLED IT!

This thing is a beast too.

It is a 6wd International... I wish I had a pic of it to show you how far of a fall it must have been.

I haven't seen it yet. If I can, Ill get pics up for you guys.

The firemen are ok from what I hear.

Edited to add: This thing is pretty new, I dont think it has ran 25 calls yet.

Edited: They ended up flying the driver out to Atlanta, for various injuries, passenger was taken to a local hospital for various injuries... both are ok, and have been released..

2. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic

Oct 12, 2006
    I'm pretty sure tankers roll more than engines/trucks/squads/etc. put together. You got 3000+ gallons of water sloshing around, and the areas they're deployed in are usually rural with quite a few roads that aren't even close to being straight. Even with baffles and what not, the thing's are a beast to drive, and a small part which hurt is that quite a few young kids get cleared on it who shouldn't be due to staffing shortages. Thank God they weren't hurt too bad... we lost 2 in a dif. tanker rollover a few days ago.

3. GSD17

GSD17 Thread Killer

Feb 23, 2004
    Alabama
    You nailed it.

This truck held 3500 gallons, and our area is VERY VERY curvy.

In my time here as a police officer, I have barely been to any accidents that were not rollovers, that truck didn't stand a chance of lasting too long here.