close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Tampa- St Pete- Clearwater people

Discussion in 'Florida Glockers Club' started by isis07734, Jun 12, 2007.

1. isis07734

isis07734 Nice guy

Feb 8, 2006
    FL
    Thinking about moving to one of the mentioned...any input?

Thanks

2. Renting or buying?
    I would stay away from Pinellas or Western Pasco County if you plan on buying. The property tax and homeowners insurance will kill you. Shoot, the property tax anywhere in FL is a ball buster.

I live in Eastern Pasco County. 106' elevation. I don't have to carry flood insurance here!:banana:

I personally like to stay out in the suburbs. Less traffic out here.

3. isis07734

isis07734 Nice guy

Feb 8, 2006
    FL
    Thanks. I'd like to buy, but wouldnt mind renting for a while. I hear the Clearwater area is nice...

4. Traffic is a b1tch between Tampa and Clearwater. It is nice over there though. You plan on working in Clearwater?

5. Kwesi

Kwesi

Sep 23, 2006
    TX
    I'm a real estate broker in Tampa (26 yrs). Feel free to pm me with any specific questions.

Michael

6. isis07734

isis07734 Nice guy

Feb 8, 2006
    FL
    I finish nursing school soon, so I could pretty much work anywhere. I'm leaning twds Tampa bc of the Univ and amount of hospitals.

I'm looking for a very small but new pref concrete block house, 1/1.5 or 2/2 maybe.

Thanks, when the time gets closer I'll PM ya.

Would appreciate anymore opinions guys/gals...

7. isis07734

isis07734 Nice guy

Feb 8, 2006
    FL
    Seems there's much more available in Tampa. Which areas of Tampa should I stay away from? N S E W?

8. Well, the area around USF is not real desireable. You can go a bit north into Lutz or New Tampa and that is nice. UCH is close by.
    South Tampa is also nice but pricey and TGH is right there on Davis island. (plus St. Joe's or Memorial) You may find cheaper homes south of Gandy, but I think everything south of Kennedy is $$$$ anymore.
    Brandon is nice, but stay away from East Tampa (between Tampa and Brandon)

9. isis07734

isis07734 Nice guy

Feb 8, 2006
    FL
    Thanks alot Rich and Michael, really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

10. DennisP

DennisP

Sep 23, 2000
    Tampa,FL. USA
    I live north of USF (actually across from the USF golf course) and it is not too shabby. Now to the west of USF benind the VA and north of the Mall, that is a GHETTO but north of USF and going into Tampa Palms and New Tampa:thumbsup:

Good Luck.
    Dennis P.

11. KG21

KG21

Jun 17, 2003
    St. Petersburg, FL
    St. Pete all the way!!!

There are three hospitals and many nice beach bars.

:banana:

12. They need three to process all the geriatrics in town!!

13. KG21

KG21

Jun 17, 2003
    St. Petersburg, FL
    :laughabove: That's great!

Actually all the old people died off around 1998 all the 20 - 40 year olds moved in and took the houses and condos. St. Pete is a much more hip town than it used to be.

14. Far enough away but close enough to the beach. I live in Tampa Palms (New Tampa.) Close to everything and the interstates. Everything in the bay area is atleast a 30 min drive. It's actually all paradise. If you work fulltime you have 2 days vacation each week! :supergrin:

I love the New Tampa area but we have been thinking of getting some land in the Lutz area.

15. G31

G31 Millennium Member

Jun 27, 1999
    NE FL
    You'll probably want to aviod living in or around Ybor City, parts of Temple Terrace and north Tampa (USF area), anything south of Bearss Ave. between I-275 and Nebraska Ave., the Busch Gardens area, most of East Tampa, and around the I-275/I-4 connector. Just some friendly advice.

16. G31Steve

G31Steve LiveFreeOrDie

Jul 11, 2005
    Land O' Lakes,FL
    The Lutz\LandOLakes(North Hillsbrough South Pasco) area is a decent place to live traffc gets worse every year but its still not terrible.

17. brownmajik

brownmajik Manu Militari

Mar 30, 2007
    Scumbagistan
    Lotsa good condos to rent and / or buy in the brandon / east tampa area. Crosswynde comes to mind. They have 2bd 2bth starting around 166,000 and on up to about 230,000. It's a nice area, close to Crosstown , 301, i-75, and therefore i-4. Shoot Straight is a 10 minute drive north, there's a CostCo, 2 super wally worlds, brandon mall (and Dick's Sporting Goods!), and a ton of good eating spots.

Other Spots:
    Alexandria Place Town Homes. A bit pricey, but nice, gated, and well kept