Talon grips or No???

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by ozrkprtyof8, Jun 25, 2012.

1. ozrkprtyof8

ozrkprtyof8 Glock Fan!

I have been recently considering using the stick-on talon grips that Hickok 45 is so fond of, if your familiar with him on youtube. I have always liked the idea of modifying things, but, usually I just buy something that I really like and leave it. Anyone use these grips? My everyday carry is a glock 19 and I want it to be as user friendly as possible. If you don't like the grips do they come off easily and clean up back to original well? Any thoughts or info is welcome?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I use Talons on my EDC (G26 G3), but have never taken them off.

3. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

They come off clean, leave nothing behind. Love them on my 23, waiting for them to start taking orders again to get some for my 19. I use the rubber texture for EDC. Noticeably lightened the .40 snap.

Last I checked they hadn't started taking new orders yet. Tragically, the great guy who started the business passed suddenly. The family is regrouping.

I've tried rubber sleeves and another brand of stick ons, but the Talons beat them both by a long shot.

#4 Paul53, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  4. ozrkprtyof8

ozrkprtyof8 Glock Fan!

I noticed they weren't taking orders. Had no idea about the guy passing. Thanks for the input guys. I think I would like to try them though, especially since they come off clean if I don't like them.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. deleted

#6 Dbltapglock, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
  6. ozrkprtyof8

ozrkprtyof8 Glock Fan!

I don't know... I haven't tried either yet. I was leaning towards trying the granular.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. I have them on three guns and love them!

I have herd people call them rough and harsh... If you drive a desk and don't get your hands dirty maybe you well find them rough for your pampered life style. But if your a reg Joe or actually would with your hands, your gonna love them!

CW

8. I use the rubber Talons.

Why? No particular reason. The first one I bought was rubber, and I liked it so well that I saw no need to experiment.:whistling: