close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Talk to me about Wi-Fi....

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by jdw174, Feb 22, 2013.

1. I did not have to do that with my AT&T DSL modem. The Speedstream 4100B DSL modem was configured to do the PPPoE on the modem. All I had to do was configure the router for automatic DHCP on the WAN/Internet port and everything worked fine so long as the router's local network IP address was not set to the 192.168.0.x range. If one wants the router to do the PPPoE login then they would have to configure the DSL modem into bridged mode, then set their router for PPPoE login and supply the login information.

With ATT Uverse, the router they supplied me, when AT&T ported my area from DSL to Uverse, cannot be put into bridge mode. The option simply isn't included in the AT&T router firmware. I have to use their router. There are several ways to run my own router behind AT&T's but it takes some configuration of one or both routers to make that happen.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  2. With straight DSL, I've never seen it work the way you describe; AT&T always told me to bridge the modem.

Whenever I've seen a pre-existing ATT DSL and third-party router setup, it's always as I describe with modem bridged too.

Guess it wouldn't hurt to try it the way you guys say....

And yes I know that unfortunately the U-Verse crap can't be bridged....yuck.