close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Take Off Parts

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by joemannnnn, Aug 1, 2011.

1. joemannnnn

joemannnnn

Jul 28, 2007
    NC
    Another question for everyone...What do you guys do with your take off parts when you swap things out? Specifically I've replaced the original grips on a few guns, and just don't see myself ever using them. Should I sell them? I guess a concern is trying to sell the gun later on without the original grips. Is it worth it to dump them or should I just hang on to them? I need to fund the new parts and ammo some how, so I'm entertaining selling off the grips. Curious to see how people feel about this
    Thanks
    Joe

2. Keep them. If you hoard enough parts, you can build another gun.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011

3. skdmrklcy

skdmrklcy Duck and Cover

Jun 10, 2004
    North of Cinci, Ohio
    I always keep original stuff in the box and put it up.

4. SigFTW

SigFTW

Nov 4, 2010
    TX
    X2, that way I don't lose the parts.

5. Grips are often the first thing users change, so unless your replacements are truly odd, or the original grips are limited production, selling the originals in favor of the replacements shouldn't detract from the overall value. IMO, of course.

6. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    :rofl: Ain't that the truth!

I do keep any take off parts and put them in my part bin organizer. The project has been at a stand still but, I had so many left over parts I bought a frame and slide since its all I needed to make another gun.

7. samuse

samuse

Jul 30, 2008
    South TX
    I sell it or throw it away.

It gives me a good opportunity to practice on my cussing later on when I'm looking for it and it hits me that I sold it or threw it away.