close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Tai-Chi

Discussion in 'The Martial Arts Forum' started by Ian, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Ian

Ian Millennium Member

Dec 16, 1998
    USA
  2. The Goose

The Goose

Apr 1, 2004
    Burlington, MA
    I do not count myself as a serious Tai Chi practitioner, but I do practice. I studied the Yang style long form back in the mid 80's with Leung Kay Chi and his wife Han Lin Lin for a few years. I never got past the form, but it has stayed with me. I usually practice one set daily and do it more to relax and in an attempt to stay supple in my old age. As I get older the hard stuff really takes a toll on the body. I never got into the pushing hands or weapons. I also learned Chen style, but just did not keep at it. I find the long form to be very cleansing and a great way to get started in the morning. However, it is much more difficult then the uninitiated would believe.

3. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

Feb 1, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Since am fairly close to NYC settled on Yang style as perfected by William C.C. Chen. Still strggling with the 60 posture short form but know what Goose means about the true depth of the Form! Astounding how enormously subtle and intrcate it can be after a few years. Am hooked for {what's left of } Life!

Also looking forward to the next time Perer Ralston comes to town.

His "effortless power" is astounding even if you don't/can't really grasp it!

4. thingamajig

thingamajig clumsy person

Apr 11, 2005
    CA