close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Tactical training course

Discussion in 'Bluegrass Glockers' started by rolltide_pisco, Mar 16, 2012.

1. rolltide_pisco

rolltide_pisco NRA Life Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Western Kentucky
    Signing up to take a self defense and firearm training course here. Instructor has 30 years uniformed LEO experience and has held government security clearance for 26 of them. I think I'm in good hands. Wish me luck

2. Good Luck.
    Please post your review as others in your area may be interested in your thoughts before they sign up.

dan

3. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    :agree:

What he said; I'm always up for some good local training courses.

4. rolltide_pisco

Mar 3, 2012
    Western Kentucky
    For a novice handgun shooter like me the best training is what I need. You own a gun in Kentucky you better know how to shoot it

5. rolltide,

any updates? Have you been to the training yet?
    Inquiring minds wanna know.

dan

6. rolltide_pisco

Mar 3, 2012
    Western Kentucky
    Class is scheduled for April 14. However I'm the only one who has signed up. If there isn't enough people pre-registered by that Monday, then the class will be cancelled.

If it is, not a big loss I'll just take that weekend off work anyways to go to Alabama to see the BAMA spring game.

7. nutz, bro.

I hope some others step up to further their education like you've done. For your sake as well as theirs. If it holds, please follow up and let us know the particulars. If not, reschedule. Don't let the opportunity pass.

dan

8. rolltide_pisco

Mar 3, 2012
    Western Kentucky
    Ok class was held today with me, another guy and the instructor. The basics were covered about firearm safety. Treat every gun loaded.

Course: 3 yd target shots, house front door break-in scenario, side to side moving and shooting at 15 feet, sitting at a restaurant scenario, isosoles(sp) and weaver stances, quick reloading of mags, self defense of a knife attack.

For the most part, once I figured out how to line up my sights correctly, lock my elbows and to quit anticipating the recoil, I did fine. The side to side I got at least 4 headshots out of 10 rounds. The course was very easy to understand. Stressed about learning the statutes and when is the proper time to use deadly force. Answered alot of questions I had.

For only my second time out shooting, he gave his recommendation for me to apply for my CCDW permit in his class on May 5. I'm very happy I took this class and I'm 10x better than what I was last week. Everyone should take one and keep your skills sharpened.