Tactical Shotgun Pics Thread

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by blaster_54738, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Not really something I would have put together,but I got it for a hundred bucks from a desperate friend.It's a Mossberg 500 with a ported slugster barrel.Why would you need a ported barrel on a pump gun?,and how hard is it to change barrels?
    http://[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1261 Walk Soft, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  2. Changing barrels on a 500 is really easy--just pull the slide halfway back and unscrew the cap on the end of the magazine tube.

3. 18 inch express with stock bead sight and wood furniture.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. home built ( hacksaw) rem 870, 6 pos stock, works great...
    [​IMG]

5. I like that a lot. Can you tell more about the finish? Sink parkerized? Is that correct?

6. I really like this set up. Nice, and simple.

7. It looks like it, but I don't think his thumb is actually on the barrel......

8. Well thanks to the forum regarding the advice given on the accessories on my 870 Express. Night and day from the stock 870 to now.

Mesa Tactical Urbino Stock
    CeraKote 18" Barrel- with Tritium night sights
    Six shell side saddle
    Sure Fire M69 foregrip
    Sure Fire TLR1 light
    Blackawk vertical pistol grip

Just need a good mag extension, (had one and didn't like it) and a sling and she's done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Magpul forend, factory Remington stock, Mesa Tactical 6-round side saddle, and inside there's a heavy sear spring and the carrier dog follower spring from a Tactical model. Don't mind the thing around the stock, it's just a wall hanger for guitars.
    [​IMG]

#1269 Inebriated, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  10. Not really tactical, but I call it practical tactical. My do it all 870 Super Magnum, this is HD set up, this barrel is the 21" turkey barrel which is perfect for HD and 3 gun I feel, but have a slug barrel and 28" barrel for hunting and trap. Just got done refinishing the ugly blonde stock in a custom stain and poly.

[​IMG]

Just finished up this build. Always wanted a Marine shotgun so found a steal on a new 500 Mariner. Added a ATI Talon stock which is awesome and really helps with recoil, a ATI shell holder rather than the cheek riser, Meprolight front night sight, and a laserlyte tube rail for a light.

[​IMG]

And the two together

[​IMG]

#1270 JDennis, Oct 3, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  12. whitebread

whitebread ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You going to loose the factory stock? Even something like the Hogue would give you a shorter LOP, grippier surface, mad more solid feel. Or the SGA would be a great addition to the forend...it has stunning ergonomics despite the odd appearance.

13. Funny you say that... I've been flip-flopping on stocks lately. I picked up a Hogue 14" or whatever (not the 12"), and I've had a Mesa Urbino for some time now.

Spent about 4 hours at the range a couple days ago, and settled on the Urbino. Good size, good grip, very comfortable, points the best, and as a bonus, looks better than either of the other two.

EDIT - here's how it sits right now.
    [​IMG]

#1273 Inebriated, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  14. RJDSRT

RJDSRT Glocka Wocka

My Mossberg 500!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Attached Files:

15. DreamWeaver88

DreamWeaver88 ...............

My newest. Just for bugs though. :tongueout:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1275 DreamWeaver88, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  16. So you don't pepper'em, you asalt them, right?

17. DreamWeaver88

lol.....I bet pepper would work too.

I might have to use it on my food, since fly season is done.

18. Angry Fist

Angry Fist *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

I saw the video, those are cool. How much?

19. DreamWeaver88

I believe I paid like 30 or 35 for it.

20. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

My old Winchester 1200 Defender looks like this:
    [​IMG]