Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Tactical Lights mounted onto a G19 (pics?)

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by DaveFJ80, Jul 30, 2010.

1. DaveFJ80

DaveFJ80 Señor Member

Mar 14, 2010
    I did a search and didn't find any threads created regarding different tactical lights mounted onto the rail of the G19. The main thing I wanted to see were side profile pics of different lights (TLR, Surefire, etc) and see how far they stick out from the front of the gun underneath the barrel. I've seen some TLR lights that were longer than others, but couldn't find the pictures I was looking for to compare the lengths of them. I also wanted to see some comparison pics of TLR lights and Surefire lights mounted on the G19 to see how they fit & look.

I currently have the NCstar light on my G19, and it works well for what I need it for and it looks like it fits perfectly on my G19, but I would rather get something that's better & brighter. I like how the NCstar body is lined up with the G19 frame, and only the front of the light sticks out a little further... this is what I'm looking for where the light housing itself doesn't stick out too far. Also, the light switch on the NCstar is a little too far forward and difficult to reach unless you have long fingers, so I would also like a light that's easier to turn on & off without changing my grip.

2. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr Silver Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Here's my 32 with a GTL10; same frame size as a 19.

That's an LW 4.5" barrel.

3. Seraph

Feb 21, 2009
    TN, USA
    Here are my two Glock 19's, with Surefire X300's. How far is too far? They perform perfectly with the lights mounted, and the X300 is a superlative light.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  4. Boost_Junkie

Boost_Junkie Mike November

Jan 30, 2009
    Tampa, Fl
    Insight X2
  5. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

Feb 25, 2002

6. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Jun 25, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Glock 19 GEN4, with Streamlight TLR-1s

7. silvrevo

Jul 21, 2007
    Would also like to see a bright small well mounted light on a G19!
  8. F_G

Jan 11, 2010
    Crown King, AZ
    Insight WX-150 on G19

9. The more it sticks out past the muzzle, the less likely the light lens is to get covered in crap after shooting with it. My g23 w/ x300 stays clean after shooting with it, whereas I hear that they get fouled up on the fullsizes.

And in terms of ease of turning it on/off, that's the reason that I *had* to go the Surefire route. Picked up a DG11 pressure switch and LOVE it.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  10. DD26

DD26 Anti-Anti

Jun 24, 2009
    South Carolina
    When the money is in my pocket, I'll be going with a TRL-1.

.......and to stay on topic, here's a pic I found awhile ago while looking up Glocks and TRL-1's. I swear, I'm posting it purely for referential reasons only!:whistling:

11. tdb

May 29, 2010
    Roanoke, VA
    [​IMG] 19 RTF2 with TLR1 in a Fobus GL2 EMZ

As an aside. Trying to sell the holster locally, but will ship for an extra $5 ;)