Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Tacstar Tube extension

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by nascardu, Feb 7, 2010.

1. nascardu

Oct 24, 2006
    Anyone use a tacstar plus 2 mag tube extension on an 870? I was wndering if anyone has opinions/ experiences and why they feel the way they do?

Appreciate any feedback.
  2. Considered Tacstar when I was looking to extend my 870,
    but I went with the Wilson Combat 2 shot extension without
    the sling plate. Best $45 I ever spent. Liked it so well I
    bought 2. Comes with spring and high viz follower.
    Very solid and just the look I wanted.

3. The TacStar & Wilson tube extensions are made very similar. Both are made of thick steel and are heavy. The Wilson offers a little more for the money.

If you have a newer 18.5" barrel both will be about 3/8" short from the muzzle and give 6+1 capacity.

4. Spen84107

Feb 17, 2003
    SLC, UT
    I have the tacstar. I bought it because of convenience--the local shops only carried tacstar. I've been really happy with it. However, it does not have a sling attachment that comes with it. If you want to use a sling, I might suggest going with the wilson combat + sling attachment... as I've heard the tacstar barrell clamp with sling attachment doesn't fit right. If you don't care about the sling.. I think you'll be happy with either.
  5. Kona2004

Jan 20, 2009
    Northern Kentucky
    I bought a TacStar +2 for my Benelli Nova, which actually is +3 with 2 3/4" shells. I like the look and feel on my Nova and have had no problems with it at all.