close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Taco Mac proud to post no weapons signs

Discussion in 'The Georgia Club' started by thooks, Jul 28, 2008.

1. thooks

thooks
    Expand Collapse

I just read an article in the Atlanta Business Chronicle that says Taco Mac will soon have "No Weapons Allowed" signs posted.

You know what to do, voice your opinion to them with your feet and $$$$.

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2008/07/28/newscolumn5.html

Also, please write a little note to the writer of this article, J. Scott Trubey at strubey@bizjournals.com or you can speak with him directly at 404-249-1078.

Funny how this article is two pages prior to a continuation of a cover story titled: "Businesses face crime wave", where the uptick in non-violent property crimes is discussed.

http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2008/07/28/story3.html

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. SCC

SCC
    Expand Collapse
    Member Me

they sell more beer than food :supergrin:

3. Kegger26

Kegger26
    Expand Collapse

Fu.. :whistling: Never mind. Let me rephrase..screw em! I have a Taco Mac less than a mile from where I live, but they will never see another dime of my money again. Besides, I don't know how much the signs are going to change things. Technically, the most they can do is ask you to leave. It is not like there is any action TM can take against you if you do get caught carrying. As long as you are not drinking, I don't see the problem.

All these friggin sheep that live around us. They are all dead set against guns, but if someone was about to kill them and all they had to do was pick up a gun to save themselves what do you think they do?

4. FillYerHands

FillYerHands
    Expand Collapse
    you son of a

Heck, I have always only gone there to drink beer. I don't have a pacque on the wall, but the food isn't why I would go.

Now, if you carry in a business that posts a sign like that, what's their recourse, assuming they somehow find out? Kick you out? Take away your drinking club card?

5. 01Foreman400

01Foreman400
    Expand Collapse
    Huntin Fool

I never go to Toco Mac anyway.

6. StoneDog

StoneDog
    Expand Collapse

Next time you go out to eat photocopy the receipt. Mark out the CC information then send it to the manager at the Taco Mac with a note saying "I was going to spend this money in your restaraunt but then I saw the 'No Guns' sign." I'm sure they won't care the least, but if enough people did it they might get the message.

7. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker
    Expand Collapse
    Incirlik AB

There is something TM can do if you are caught carrying and they ask you to leave and you refuse. You can be arrested and charged with criminal trespassing.

8. spyd3r05

spyd3r05
    Expand Collapse

I've never been there, nor do i plan to. :)

9. Jenell

Jenell
    Expand Collapse
    No. Period.

10. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker
    Expand Collapse
    Incirlik AB

#10 GeorgiaGlocker, Oct 3, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  11. JHP17

JHP17
    Expand Collapse

I go in resturaunts all the time concealed nobody even knows, but taco mac will not get any of my biusness or any other place that puts a similar sign.