close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Swiss K31

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by raven11, May 11, 2012.

1. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    I always wanted a Swiss rifle so i decided to get one before they all ran out

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its a 1936 K31 made in Eidgenössiche Waffenbrick in Bern. according to the troop tag the owner served in the 1st Battalion 2nd Carbineer and lives in the city of La Chaux-de-Fonds near the French border

he was born in 1928 which means if he is still alive he would be 84 years old i have his street address and i'm debating contacting him I hope my high school/college french isn't too rusty.

if you never held a straight pull rifle it is a unique action. by pulling the bolt back and forth you cock the action and the bolt rotates itself. its really a unique design and in all the years i've owned rifles i'm just amazed it works as well as it does
    Ammo is impossible to find in my area so i'm going to have to make a bulk purchase of 7.5 swiss some time this summer to shoot it so unfortunately it will be some time till you see targets but prices are starting to rise so if you still want a K31 its a good time to get one

2. pennlineman

pennlineman

Feb 16, 2009
    PA
    Cool rifle. I have a soft spot for the old military rifles. Congrats on your new purchase!

3. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    I had a K-31, they're really nice rifles. Rather then buy the expensive military stuff I simply ordered some brass from Graff & Sons and loaded up my own ammo. Takes the same primers and bullets as a .308 Win., you can find loading data on the net or in a few different books and it's not any more expensive to load then any other centerfire rifle cartridge.
    Kind of wish I still had that rifle but you know how that goes, live and learn.

4. The_Gun_Guru

The_Gun_Guru Ban Democrats!!

Yes, they are an interesting gun!

[​IMG]

Both of mine have the troop IDs.

[​IMG]

Make sure you get some stripper clips for it.

[​IMG]

I don't know which one I love more....the beechwood.....

[​IMG]

or the walnut.....

[​IMG]

It is a dilemma!

TGG

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  5. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

Jan 12, 2010
    Southern New England
    I enjoy my two rifles, and they are very accurate. The one rifle had a tag and I did contact the person, and he was amazed that his rifle ended up here in the States. I also bought two cases of GP-11 when they were around $165.00 each, and someone I saw recently stills had it, but sold out right now.

6. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Nice rifles :) Mine had the contact info located behind the plate on the stock as well. Pretty cool stuff to find those old ID cards. I sold mine when I condensed calibers.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  7. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    Mine's going out today for some shooting with the Privi Partisan ammo. It's a walnut, great shooter too.
    Congrats on the find, these are VERY nice rifles.

8. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
  9. milsurp70

milsurp70

Mar 26, 2012
    I love my K31. Very accurate too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. tc2129

tc2129

May 2, 2005
    Northwest Florida
    I have one as well and it has the troop tag. Those that contacted the individuals the rifle was issued to, how did you go about locating them?