close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

SW Shield Prices??

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by brianfede, Oct 4, 2012.

1. brianfede

brianfede
    Expand Collapse

There is a SW Shield in the GT Classified Section for $550??? They are $419 in stock at my LGS. Are people really paying more than suggested retail price for these, which is $449? Crazy if you ask me.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. plouffedaddy

plouffedaddy
    Expand Collapse

Yes, they are. Demand>Supply.

3. ChicagoZman

ChicagoZman
    Expand Collapse

Mid 400s at my LGS but not very often available. They have had a .40 for sometime, but no 9mms recently.

4. fusegsp

fusegsp
    Expand Collapse

Paid $414 out the door for mine at a gunshow. My buddy also got one at that price from a different dealer at the same show. The 9mm's went very quickly. I still haven't seen one at any of our local stores.

5. brianfede

brianfede
    Expand Collapse

GatGuns has them in stock 9mm and .40 for $419. I live in the Chicago area and typically the LGS's are much more expensive than the internet. Guess not in this case. My buddy bought one, so looking forward to shooting it and comparing it to the SA XDS.

6. glock2740

glock2740
    Expand Collapse
    Gun lover.

All my lgs's are selling them for $399, but they NEVER have any in stock. :crying:

7. DaBurna

DaBurna
    Expand Collapse

Bought mine the next weekend after they came out for $398.00 + tax..... My local stores are asking $449.00

8. brianfede

brianfede
    Expand Collapse

Any strong opinions on the gun? My local range has weekly competitions, however, civilians are only allowed to bring a striker fire handgun, because they consider them safer when drawing from a holster. I currently don't own a striker fired weapon. I am considering getting a carry permit so I can carry in WI and thought the Shield would be a good fit. I hope to shoot my friends Shield next week. They seem to have a great feel, mold to my hands but really prefer my 1911's but I need to venture out. I tried the SA XDM, the Beretta Storm, and the Glock. So far the compact Glock has been my favorite, but I didn't love it.

9. vafish

vafish
    Expand Collapse

Local shop has them for $329 for Leo/first responders/military. They got a pallet of them in and sold out in a day.

10. Bruce M

Bruce M
    Expand Collapse

For me it has quickly become a very familiar, comfortable gun to shoot very quickly. I have a couple thousand rounds through mine with no problems and it feels like I have had it and shot it for years.

#10 Bruce M, Oct 5, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  11. aubie515

aubie515
    Expand Collapse

Some people on a PA gun forum are asking more than MSRP on used shields. One shop I visit had a few shields show up for $409. I like my shield, but you won't catch me paying MSRP or over MSRP on any firearm.

12. whitebread

whitebread
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wow, I would surely sell mine for more than suggested retail. Mine hasn't been out of the safe in months. It is a great feeling/shooting gun but I don't see why the demand is so high for them...too big for a pocket gun and if you are going to wear it on the belt, why not carry something with more capacity?

13. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40
    Expand Collapse
    .45 fanatic

I got mine for $398.

14. rgregoryb

rgregoryb
    Expand Collapse
    Sapere aude

had a Shield, now have the M&P 9c in my opinion if you're carrying in a OWB holster why not go with higher capacity

15. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

I think I've only seen one for sale around here and I don't recall the exact price.