close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Sw sd40

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Glock22r, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Glock22r

Glock22r

Aug 5, 2011
    I know this will garner bad press here in this forum , but Im gonna let it out anyways , this gun is not a Sigma and it is not an MP , it is better than both of those and quite frankly its better than my Glock 22 , I love my Glock 22 , but after buying this pistol and shoving 500 rounds through her , it shoots awesome , its a little smaller than the 22 , more even probably with the 23 , fits alot better in the hand than any Glock , very similiar to the glock and heres the thing as people will rant about Glock clones , If Glock made a great gun and people copied it and made it better , excellent , kinda like the 1911 , I love 1911's , I have a Colt and want to get a Sig ,maybe a Kimber , they are all 1911's though , just like Glock its not a knock its a compliment!

I just feel for the money you cant beat the SD line , glocks are selling for around $450-700 new , SD's sell for around $350-500 , Buds has the sd9 for $367 , Im not a nine fan though! I do like the G19 though~

2. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Apr 25, 2009
    SE Colorado
    Congrats! I'm intrigued by the SD series. How would you compare the trigger to a Glock? Is there as much pre-travel or a crisper break?

3. Glock22r

Glock22r

Aug 5, 2011
    I would say that the trigger pulls are different in that the Glock is a little looser , the SD at least the way I read it initially and it turns out (the article was right) ,after several hundred rounds and dry pulls the trigger drops and becomes smoother , right now the SD is probably around 8 pounds and the glock is at 5-6 pounds, but they have different triggers so it makes it kinda hard to tell , Personally I dont think the pull feels that strong, many say it has that (sigma) revolver pull , but Smith Wesson fixed that years ago even on the Sigma , the SD doesnt have that at all .

The SD series has a long smooth pull , it really isnt a double action revolver pull though , it feels really good , I would suggest if you can go to a range and rent one and get a glock 23 too , you will feel difference almost immediately , I have hard time distinguishing between guns in reviews , but you'll notice the difference almost immediatly , wheres as the glock is boxy , the mp series is kinda oval , the SD fits just right it has the ergonomics of the hand in mind! and shooting is fun !

I had a Glock 23 for years ,let it go (for other reasons) , recently bought a 22 and thought why not get a something as a backup , the SD fit the bill , im not throwing the towel in on Glock all my guns have a purpose and role to fill! Just to let you know OMB police supply is selling used G22 for $299 2nd gen , and g23 for $329 , not bad deals right there!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  4. vr4 case

vr4 case

Apr 5, 2009
    A friend of mine got one in a trade and is trying to sell it. Any more opinions on the SD40 now that its been out for about 2 years?

5. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I've liked the models I've handled. Its sort of like a middle ground between the M&P and Sigma.