close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

SW Gov

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by 8th SPS USAF, May 15, 2011.

1. 8th SPS USAF

8th SPS USAF

Apr 28, 2007
    Indiana
    Anyone handle the new Gov? 410/45LC/45acp Thanks

2. ArtCrafter

ArtCrafter ¤Hocker Mocker¤

Jul 14, 2008
    I looked at one in a local shop about a week ago. Kinda spendy at $619 or so, and not really my thing. Like its Taurus progenitor, the Judge series, the S&W Governor seems to be answer in search of a question.

I suppose one or the other would be "ideal" for snakes and such, except for one thing: It's at least as easy - and a whole lot cheaper - to simply sidestep the varmint. In most cases, it also makes better ecological sense.

OTOH, if you find yourself falling under a Zombie Snake Invasion, and the vermin are taking up residence in or around your abode, the case could be made that you could do a whole lot worse than 'clean house' with a S&W Governor and a case of .410 target loads.

I would certainly choose the S&W over the Taurus 'equivalent,' even at higher cost. Like they say, "You get what you pay for..."

HTH :wavey:

3. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29
    Saw and held one today.
    Felt much better than the Judge.
    Anyone have one yet?

:wavey::wavey:

4. the perfesser

the perfesser

Jun 24, 2007
    The article in the recent Guns and Ammo notes that the Gov also shoots .45GAP; thus it would -- (joke coming) -- be an excellent back-up tool for all of those state police / highway patrol LEOs whose departments insisted on issuing them Glocks in that peculiar caliber.....

5. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29