Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

SW Gov

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Club' started by 8th SPS USAF, May 15, 2011.

1. 8th SPS USAF

8th SPS USAF

Apr 28, 2007
    Anyone handle the new Gov? 410/45LC/45acp Thanks
  2. ArtCrafter

ArtCrafter ¤Hocker Mocker¤

Jul 14, 2008
    I looked at one in a local shop about a week ago. Kinda spendy at $619 or so, and not really my thing. Like its Taurus progenitor, the Judge series, the S&W Governor seems to be answer in search of a question.

I suppose one or the other would be "ideal" for snakes and such, except for one thing: It's at least as easy - and a whole lot cheaper - to simply sidestep the varmint. In most cases, it also makes better ecological sense.

OTOH, if you find yourself falling under a Zombie Snake Invasion, and the vermin are taking up residence in or around your abode, the case could be made that you could do a whole lot worse than 'clean house' with a S&W Governor and a case of .410 target loads.

I would certainly choose the S&W over the Taurus 'equivalent,' even at higher cost. Like they say, "You get what you pay for..."

HTH :wavey:

3. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29
    Saw and held one today.
    Felt much better than the Judge.
    Anyone have one yet?

4. the perfesser

the perfesser

Jun 24, 2007
    The article in the recent Guns and Ammo notes that the Gov also shoots .45GAP; thus it would -- (joke coming) -- be an excellent back-up tool for all of those state police / highway patrol LEOs whose departments insisted on issuing them Glocks in that peculiar caliber.....
  5. G33

G33 Frisky! Millennium Member CLM

May 29, 1999
    With G29
    See a gap in that logic....