close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Suzuki S83

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by JimK, Aug 15, 2007.

1. JimK

JimK

Mar 23, 2007
    Mishawaka,Indiana
    Just got an 07 Suzuki S83 , anyone else ride this cycle? So far I`m liking it , it`s got a different feel than my C-50 .

2. JimK

JimK

Mar 23, 2007
    Mishawaka,Indiana
    Yep thats the one. Cept mines an 07 and no bags(hate bags) . Blue in color with the stock megaphone pipes .

3. Super Trucker

Super Trucker NRA Life Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Michigan
    Congrats on the new ride. Very nice bike. I am a sport bike guy myself, but I do like those also.

4. JimK

JimK

Mar 23, 2007
    Mishawaka,Indiana
    Thanks, I`m not into sport bikes this thing is fast enough for me. Those sport bikes are just scary fast!

5. bdhawk

bdhawk

Mar 18, 2000
    i have a '05 S83, and i like it a lot.

it has plenty of go.
    handles well except at slow speeds.
    very fun
    it has been very reliable so far.

downsides....
    tank too small
    passenger seat could be considered a torture device. driver's seat is OK, though
    brakes have short life. i ride very consertative and still got only 'bout 6000 on the rear set.
    mirrors are very nice if you like lookin' at your own shoulders

BTW try out www.intruderalert.com/cafe/index.cfm
    good folks there

6. JimK

JimK

Mar 23, 2007
    Mishawaka,Indiana
    Noticed all the above except I really don`t notice a problem with slow speed handling. I only have a 1000 miles so far so the brakes issue of lasting hasn`t come up yet, but i have heard that . I also hear the brake replacement is a pretty easy do it youself job . I do belong to Intruderalert.com . , a good place to be especiaaly if you ride Intruders or S83 , S50 . Thanks Jim

7. bdhawk

bdhawk

Mar 18, 2000
    the S83 and the other 1400s have a longer than normal front end rake. this will cause a bit of instability at slow, i mean parking lot slow. speeds.

look at pics of the bikes known for their excellent handling manners. most if not all will have a much smaller rake. some even look like they are straght up and down.

8. I just bought (today as a matter of fact) a '96 1400 with 17k miles for $1200. So far (somewhere around 150 miles), I love it. It's considerably smaller than the Vulcan 1500 Classic I used to own, but this bike is a blast to ride.

I couldn't turn down the deal...

I'll post better pics after I detail it tomorrow!

Attached Files: