close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Suzuki Grand vitara

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by joedoc, Mar 11, 2008.

1. joedoc

joedoc

Oct 27, 2006
    cincinnati
    Has anyone owned this little SUV?
    I have been looking at these small SUVs, like the Toyota RAV4, and the suzuki has some nice prices, particulary for one with a few miles on it.
    I need something to haul my junk, and also get around in snow or dirt--would want 4 wheel drive.
    I would want a trailer hitch for light stuff---bikes and such.
    Any first hand experience out there?

2. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Dont buy any Suzuki new. I would not buy a car *new* from that manufacturer because of how fast they depreciate. There was a good article in Yahoo! today about the worst depreciating vehicles and Suzuki's line was in there a couple of times. Though as far as used is concerned you could find one hell of a deal!

Hope this helps!

3. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 Pastafarian

Jun 19, 2007
    CT
    I have a '01 Tracker, which is just the chevy clone, and its not a bad car. Mine is a 4cyl and a bit underpowered but Its great in the snow, gets high 20's for gas mileage and has been very reliable other than a small problem with the heat.

Like Javelin said, dont buy them new...I got mine with 20k miles for $8k.

4. joedoc

joedoc

Oct 27, 2006
    cincinnati
    thank you, yes I only buy used cars myself any more.
    if the suzuki depreciates in price faster, then i agree that a used vehicle is the way to go
    the late model ones all have v-6 engines by the way, though the quoted gas mileage is not nearly as good as you are seeing in the 4.

5. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    Have you looked at the Hyundai Tucson V6 4wd? We love ours, although the fuel economy could be better (26 hwy). HH

6. Clyde in CO

Clyde in CO LOL WUT?

Aug 7, 2002
    the Springs
    I drive a suzuki sidekick, the precursor to the vitara.

It's a great little car. The new vitaras are awesome. I'm waiting to find one used.

7. audiophil2

audiophil2

Sep 1, 2007
    I had a 99 2dr 4wd 5sp 1.6L and a 99 4dr 4wd 5sp 2.0L. Both were great cars that I miss, especially the 2dr. I only had to do basic maintenance for the 98,000 miles I owned it. The original tires still had 10k miles of tread and the front brakes were changed once. You can pull 1500lbs with the 2dr and 2500lbs with the 4dr. I sold the 4dr because we moved cross country. I sold the 2dr years later due to family addition.
    As the others stated, buy a clean used one as they are dirt cheap. The V6 engines are supposedly not as reliable.