close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Suzuki DR350S opinions?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Germanasian, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Germanasian

Germanasian Word

Sep 7, 2000
    Incognito, AZ
    Is this a good bike? It would be mostly for trail riding and exploring, nothing radical.

Thanks.

2. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001
    NY
    We bought a new DR650 a couple years ago. It was nice but if I was going to get another one it would be a Honda XL/XR.

Rinspeed

3. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

Mar 1, 2003
    AZ
    Looks like you're in AZ, try these:

www.arizonatrailtalk.com
    www.southwestdirtrider.com
    www.ridingarizona.com

I once said nothin radical too...;Q

I ride with many of the red-butts on these sites, primarily the top two sites as the bottom one has a lot of pagan quad riders. I use the same screen name as I do here.

The DR350 is a decent bike, it's not gonna excel in any area. I would buy one if the price is right, but I wouldn't specifically target that model. Some DR350s were street legal, I don't know if you want this. At any rate, the DR350 is fine for trail chuggin.

I personally know a few guys who ride DRZ400s, that model seems to be prone to breaking it's sidecovers when dropped in the rocks. Overall it's a better bike than the 350 was.

For off-road only (non-street use) I recommend a used 250cc MX bike (CR250/YZ250, etc). They are highly capable machines and maintenance is cheap. Anything mid-90's or newer should be reliable. With the current 4-stroke craze, the market for these sweet bikes is saturated. Good deals abound.

If you really must have a 4-stroke, I recommend the XR400, good power and decent weight and manueverability. The XRs are worlds more reliable than the new batch of super-thumpers. With one of these you could putt or scream, they'll do both really well.

The modern 4-stroke hype is exactly that, hype. The overwhelming majority cactus-in-the-knuckles boulder-bouncing badasses ride 2-strokes... Usually a 250, but sometimes a 500 or KTM300/380. I prefer the CR500, but I'm compensating. ;)

4. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

Mar 1, 2003
    AZ
    Forgot to mention: One model I'd strongly recommend is the Kawasaki KDX200. I know a couple guys that can absolutely fly in these little bikes. They are nimble and forgiving. I'd pick a KDX200 hands down over a DR350.

An old artice I scrounged: http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcdirt/trailrider/1kdx200.html