close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Suspect in Pasig Traffic Shooting Arrested

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Alexii, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Alexii

Alexii
    Expand Collapse
    Janeway Forever

I can't believe no one has posted about this condemnable act at BOG yet. Anyway, here is JuDGe's original post at Pinoyguns.com. Bro JuDGe, I hope you don't mind:

Police have arrested the suspect in the killing of two persons following a traffic altercation in Pasig City past 2 p.m. Tuesday, ABS-CBN News reported.

Senior Superintendent Francisco Uyami, city police chief, said lawyer Manuel Hernandez Jr. was arrested shortly after the incident at the entrance gate of Barangay San Antonio Village on Shaw Boulevard.

Uyami said the suspect was collared at his home.

Police named Hernandez suspect in the fatal shooting of Egadrdo Canizares and Katherine Palmero.

Witnesses told police that the incident took place around 2 p.m. when Canizares's Nissan Cefiro (XSA 205) nearly ran into Hernandez's Toyota car (UEP 547) that was about to leave the village near the corner of Shaw Boulevard.

Following the near-accident, Canizares alighted from his car and hurled invectives at Hernandez.

The suspect initially ignored Canizares and drove on. Canizares, however, kicked the suspect's car and forced him to draw a pistol and open fire.

Witnesses said after shooting Canizares four time, the suspect vented his ire on Palmero.

Authorities took the victims to The Medical City hospital. They died while undergoing treatment.

The assailant, meanwhile, escaped on board his car toward Pioneer Street. With reports from Sol Aragones and Ricky Velasco, DZMM

Video:Saksi-Suspect-in-fatal-traf fic-shooting-arrested

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. JuDGe

JuDGe
    Expand Collapse

alexii, i posted the same at the gunban thread

3. enting

enting
    Expand Collapse

He ask for it, he got what he wanted. lesson learned: Ask & you will recieve, seek & you shall find, knock & you will be shot. But i condemn the act.

4. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

Have to agree , I'm sure the victim is a good guy
    But if someone were to kick my car during a traffic disagreement , I cant say I wont do the same

5. boni

boni
    Expand Collapse
    ako ito bok!

presumption of innocence pa rin until proven otherwise. dapat kasi wag pa siga2x eh nakita nya katapat nya tuloy. 9mm ang gamit sir? but sana hindi yung sa babae. in my opinion kasi pati yung kasama tinuluyan para walang witness. :sad: nakaranas na rin kami nyan ng sigaan sa daan. kasi nag aaway sila ng kasintahan nya ay nung nag overtake kami ay tinutukan kami ng baril. ewan ko bakit pero astang siga talaga eh naka convoy pa naman kami dalawang sasakyan lahat naka carry. umabot hanggang out of town ang habulan but at least wlang namatay. :) lesson learned for him. lesson din ito ata para sa ating lahat. :sad:

6. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

I'm also curious why he shot the girl

But I'm not talking about what is wrong and what is right or ipapakita sino ang siga
    I'm not a siga and I dont carry a gun
    I always avoid traffic confrontations even if someone cuts me off
    But if he starts yelling invectives and kicks my car I'm gonna beat him to death w/ my nokia or maybe ako naman ang mababaril
    More of magdilim ang paningin and not anything else

7. JuDGe

JuDGe
    Expand Collapse

A lawyer is now facing criminal charges for allegedly killing two persons following a traffic altercation in Pasig City Tuesday, ABS-CBN News reported Wednesday.

Police said suspect Manuel Hernandez was charged with murder and violation of the Commission on Elections gun ban before the city prosecutor's office.

Senior Superintendent Francisco Uyami, city police chief, said Hernandez, 32, works at the legal department of City Hall and has a sibling who is a Sandiganbayan magistrate.

A check with the Office of the Press Secretary Web site said the Sandiganbayan has an associate justice named Jose Hernandez.

Police arrested the suspect at his residence in Barangay Kapitolyo after authorities traced the ownership of his Toyota car (UEP 457) at the Land Transportation Office.

Hernandez was identified as the gunman who shot and killed businessman Edgardo Canizares and his companion named Katherine Palmero.

Uyami said Hernandez initially refused to undergo a paraffin test but changed his mind Wednesday morning.

“May pinagsabihan siya kanina na gusto niyang magpa-paraffin kaya lang useless na, baka hinugasan na niya ang kanyang kamay (He told someone earlier that he wanted to undergo a paraffin test but it's useless now because he might have already washed his hands),” Uyami said.

Witnesses, meanwhile, have been invited to the police headquarters to give their statements regarding the incident past 2 p.m. Tuesday. Police added that they also have a witness who saw what took place.

Reports said the traffic altercation happened around 2 p.m. Tuesday when Canizares's Nissan Cefiro (XSA 205) nearly ran into Hernandez's car that was about to leave Barangay San Antonio Village near the corner of Shaw Boulevard.

Witnesses told police that Canizares alighted from his car and hurled invectives at Hernandez. The suspect ignored the victim and drove on.

Canizares, however, kicked the suspect's car. Moments later, witnesses saw Hernandez alighting from his car with a pistol.

After shooting Canizares four times, the suspect vented his ire on Palmero and shot the woman.

Authorities took the victims to The Medical City hospital. They died while undergoing treatment. With a report from Sol Aragones

8. cebuboy

cebuboy
    Expand Collapse
    toy soldier

Road rage???

9. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter
    Expand Collapse

i smell a glock...

accdg sa newscast, wala raw license/record sa FED yung pistol na ginamit

10. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

sobrang galit
    he already shot the 1st victim 4x di pa nahulasan

11. Allegra

Allegra
    Expand Collapse

ayun , yan mga naka glock di dapat pinagtitiwalaan yan e :) sing plastic ng baril nila :)

12. jundeleon

jundeleon
    Expand Collapse

correct. benta ko nga glock ko Php 5,000 each bago ko makabaril.

13. 3kings

3kings
    Expand Collapse
    SalingPusa

are u serious jun?

SOLD! :banana:

14. 3kings

3kings
    Expand Collapse
    SalingPusa

lawyer + loose firearm = double trouble

paano kaya naging professional iyan?

dapat maconvict at ma dis-bar yan! these people give us (legal and responsible f/a owners) a bad name!

15. g35pt

g35pt
    Expand Collapse

ayun , yan mga naka glock di dapat pinagtitiwalaan yan e sing plastic ng baril nila

Mabuti na lang Sir jundeleon nakita ko sa picture ang para mo kaya binenta ko ang glock ko.mabuti na lang hindi na plastic ang baril ko

16. gen1

gen1
    Expand Collapse

basag daw iyong salamin ng toyota sa lakas ng sipa.

sufficient na yun siguro as proof na may threat na sa buhay mo kung may martial arts training iyung BG. kaso bakit naman dinamay pa yung tsik.

17. zorkd

zorkd
    Expand Collapse

....took place around 2 p.m. when Canizares's Nissan Cefiro (XSA 205) nearly ran into Hernandez's Toyota car (UEP 547) ...

doesn't this mean si canizares ang muntik nang makabangga sa auto ni hernandez?

if that is the case, and siya pa may ganang bumaba nang auto at makipag sigawan, tapos sinipa pa niya auto nung isa, eh di nagkamali lang siya nang (muntik) binangga'.

18. TTPower

TTPower
    Expand Collapse

i heard on the news last nite that they're checking if the lawyer was on drugs coz they cant believe that he also shot the girl who was just helping the guy.

19. st. matthew

st. matthew
    Expand Collapse
    c_w@_u_need_2_c

sir, intersado ako sa g35 mo :supergrin:

20. mistahglock17

mistahglock17
    Expand Collapse

A lawyer/a city hall employee, nephew of Sandiganbayan Justice Jose Hernandez....

well, since he practice and knows well our law (together with his uncle at Sandiganbayan)maybe he thought there is a way he can get away from his crime.

di yan maglalakas loob gumawa ng krimen or magdala ng kargada kung walang 'kapit'... knowing there is a gun ban.

yung mag ipit ka lang ng calling card ng kahit sinong mayor sa lisensya mo pakakawalan ka ng MMDA for any minor traffic violation.
    what more if you will put a calling card that has sandiganbayan seal, with matching personal signature.

but lets see kung tatanggapin ng presyo yung calling card ng uncle nya para di sya "patuwarin" pagpasok nya sa munti:animlol: :rofl: