close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

"Survivalist Gear" may bring charges on Ohio man

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by DEREKtotheMAX, Aug 8, 2012.

1. That is a quite a story. That is all it seems to be ....Has he a criminal record? I suspect he was paranoid but that is just a gut feeling much like the story is, just feeding paranoia.

Sent via Mental Power

2. Lampshade

Lampshade

May 11, 2010
    Pretty sure the charges are the result of his carrying a concealed weapon without the proper license, not possession of survival gear.

3. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota

I hope this is the case and not just paranoia.

I am in fear of being arrested for having a vehicle that is capable of killing pedestrians just walking down the street, while I am purportedly "going shopping".

We are becoming a bunch of fearful Europeans.

4. Steff1

Steff1

May 13, 2008
    They served a warrant at his house and the news is making a big deal about the "large" quantities of ammo he had plus a tact vest and gas mask.....The interviewed neighbors were shocked.

5. In Ohio you can't CCW legally in puplic spaces? Or you are inelligable for a CCW if you are on any prescription meds? And, apparently, according to the police spokesman, "being into that kind of stuff" is wrong?

That entire piece of "news" is horsepoop.

I always sit at the back center of the theater.. and I CCW...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  6. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    That CNN report was absolutely pathetic. I'm not even going to bother to list all the crap they spouted.

He didn't have a CHL, from what I've read but of course CNN didn't even specify it either way. Pathetic journalism. These people are freaking morons.

"A bag that didn't look quite right". Um ok. This is why you don't use "tactical" bags.

7. sebecman

sebecman

Jun 13, 2008
    Maine
    What got him arrested was the tactical looking bag concealing an illigeally concealled firearm.

When they searched his house they of course took notice of all the gear he had stashed.

A shame really, probably just a guy that wanted to protect himself....probbaly no intentions whatsoever of shooting the place up.

8. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
  9. jellis11

jellis11 Yippee-ki-yay

Jul 27, 2011
    South Kakalaki
    I agree with Warp. A lot of times I feel like we are going to become a police state very soon.

I used to be a videographer for a news station and they would make the most one sided blown out stories of nothing. It was so frustrating to shoot stuff then edit it into a political statement that I quit.

10. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Well, I guess Ohio is on the gay pansy list of states. CCL to protect yourself from the crazies and you get called a crazy.

11. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    That's just silly. Weve got Heller and MacDonald on the national level. We've got a tidal wave of shall-issue, castle doctrine and preemption of municipal silliness at the state level. We've got multiple states going to permitless carry. There are more and more suits in the pipeline that are positive for the RKBA: MD is the most recent. Numbers of permits issued continues to rise, places (like restaurant/bars) available to carry continues to rise. By every metric, we're winning.

We are NOT on the UK path right now.

12. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    For many states, yes. Some states are stagnant (in a very bad position) or even going backwards (like Kali). Some of those states have a lot of pull at the federal level...and the Supreme Court isn't likely to stay 'conservative' for all that long (if you can consider them conservative now, even).

13. Ruggles

Ruggles

Jun 13, 2005
    Tejas
    Very true, it would seems that some forget all of the positives that have occurred over the last couple of decades regarding firearm laws. Even the biggest negative (AWB) expired and died not to be reborn. Vigilance is great but needs to be based in realism IMO.

14. Steff1

Steff1

May 13, 2008
    ^ 2009_the_hangover_008.jpg