close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Surprised to see these on the open market so quick...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by jwhite75, Dec 22, 2011.

1. kc8ykd

kc8ykd

Oct 6, 2005
    michigan
    as a civilian, i think i'd rather have the charger shown in the pics. purely due to the ability to fit more dead hookers in the trunk.

i'm a little surprised to see the display in the dash, is that going to be standard equipment in the police acquisitions? it would be pretty neat if they could integrate that into the radio/lights package.

btw, next time you go car shopping, ask to see the trunk, first thing. if they ask why, explain as above.

their reaction will tell if if it's a salesman who's gonna try and bone you or not.

2. blastfact

blastfact

Aug 15, 2011
    Oklahoma
    Don't buy it! Wait for GM to get the bugs worked out. And there will be some bad bug's a foot for at least the first two years.

It's to bad Ford does not look like they are going to put a hot eco-boost in a RWD sedan. I've spent some time in a eco-boost F-150 that has been worked very hard. Othere than the over all useless mass of the truck. The engine and drive line have been impressive as hell.

3. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

Jan 6, 2009
    Dub V
    I wasnt planning on buying one. Juts thought it was neat to see a police package car brand new on the market already this soon as an all new model.

4. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    That is standard on the Caprice, but I think that it would be too much of a reach for easy activation of the lights and siren. In fact, almost all of the lights/siren activation and manipulation that I do is by touch, so a touch screen with no real tactile feedback would not be so great, IMO.

5. kc8ykd

kc8ykd

Oct 6, 2005
    michigan
    ah, ok. makes sense it would be easier/safer to be able to do it via a mechanical switch without having to look for it.

i thought i'd seen a few systems that used voice commands to control lights/sirens too, maybe a couple years ago. i wonder if that's penetrated the "market" much at all.