Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Surprised slicky boy

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Bill Powell, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Bill Powell

Bill Powell Cross Member CLM

Mar 10, 2002
    dallas, tx
    I think I posted this years ago, in another thread, in a different department.

In Korea a slicky boy is anyone who makes his living primarily by stealing. Today something happened that reminded me of a small incident that happened in the summer of 1961, in Munsan-ni Korea.

It was a dark and stormy night. Well, not really, but I love to say that. It was night, but there was a nice moon, and you could see without the aid of artificial light. I was walking guard duty in a petroleum pumping and storage yard. The place was fenced by an eight foot high fence with razor wire at the top and thre rows of concertina wire on either side at the bottom. Well, I was walking my post from flank to flank, and taking no crap from any rank. It was during one of my strolls along the south fence that I saw a little white stake driven into the ground. I didn't remember that stick, it wasn't there on my last round. I knelt down and looked, and saw a hole of ideal Korean crawl size going all the way through our many rolls of concertina. I thought about this for a second, pulled the stake up, and moved it ten feet west, where I drove it back into the ground.

Then I went looking for my slicky boy.

I found him in a pump shed, where he was strealing engine parts. I snorted and yelled and ran toward him like I had his murder on my mind. He jumped up and ran, leaving his parts, tools and all right there on the ground. When he saw his white stake he dove from about eight feet out and hit where he thought his hole was at full speed.

It took me and an MP awhile to extract him from that wire. All the while he was looking at his white stake. He was bleeding from a hundred cuts, none of them serious, and all he could do was look at that white stake. Slicky boys lost that night.

2. :rofl:
  3. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Oct 8, 2001
    Middle of SC
    LOL! Great story! Awesome to think to move the stake.
  4. Bill Powell

Mar 10, 2002
    dallas, tx
    This happened the same evening, about an hour an a half earlier. Whe had an airborne ranger first Lt. that loved to catch guards and the like in compromising situations, guard wise. One of his favorite things to do was Daniel Boone some nervous kid, sneak up on him and take his weapon.

Sharon, remember that wailing, flailing creature that came charging out of the bushes. It was the same officer a couple of months before he got his jaw broken.

A friend and I were talking when I saw this officer, who was OD, trying to sneak up on us and create some mischief and get us in trouble. He was sneaking along some tank cars, working his way to a shed he could hide behind, a shed we had to walk past. I backed behind the shed til the Lt couldn't see me and had my partner stand where he was, like he was talking. I went down the other side of the cars, stopped and pulled off my boots and came up behind him. You should have seen his reaction when I challenged him from about five feet behind his back. He came up sith some lame assed story about how he thought we were in trouble.
  5. Trigger_Rush

Trigger_Rush Paladin

The slicky story is absolutely epic.
  6. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    That's awesome Bill:rofl::rofl:
  7. This story can't go back to page two so fast. Bump it up.
  8. Bill Powell

Mar 10, 2002
    dallas, tx
    Since no one was shooting at us on a regular basis Korea was a fun time. Our big danger was stepping off a regularly used path and stepping on a mine. Occasionaly some North Korean infiltrators would come south and set up an ambush, shoot a couple of jeep passengers and haul ass south toward Seoul. Solution to that was I never drove a jeep on that particular piece of road.
  9. Fixxer

Fixxer Got ointment?

Dec 10, 2004
    So it was Occam's Razor Wire, huh?

Great story, anti-slicky crusader.
  10. bocephus549

bocephus549 Bo Knows.......

Sep 29, 2002
    That story made my morning.
  11. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Keep 'em coming - and sticky this thread.
  12. Bill Powell

Mar 10, 2002
    dallas, tx
    Bait and switch was a real popular means of lifting money from the GI. Cameras and Radios that could be bought for next to nothing at the PX was, depending on the item, worth a fortune on the local economy. So, a GI could be walking along a street with a Petri Pentax 35mm on his arm and a Korean would pull him into an alley and shove a big roll of cash in his face for the camera. The GI would go, "Cool, check out all the cash. Sure I'll swap." One or two tens wrapped around a bunch of ones and quarters, and the guy would get about fifteen or twenty dollars for his Camera, or Radio, or whatever. From a nickel up was paper when I was there.

Another favorite of theirs was to run out from between two buildings and grab the tail gate of a truck. By holding onto the tail gate with one hand it was easy to match the speed of the truck, since the speed limit was so low. What we did was work out a signal where, if you heard a horn blow three times fast you were to lock up your brakes. When you're running two feet behind a truck at twenty MPH and it suddenly stops, you run into it really hard. First time I saw it the guy wound up in the back of the truck. When the MP's got him he still wasn't sure where he was, or even who he was.
  13. Zombie Steve

Zombie Steve Decap Pin Killa

May 31, 2007
    Old Colorado City

Bill, you're killing me.

What happened today that reminded you of slicky boy?
  14. Bill Powell

Mar 10, 2002
    dallas, tx
    We're a non-smoking house, since I no longer smoke my wife has set up a smoking station for those who do smoke in the front yard. There's one little bastard who comes into the yard almost every night and steals her butts, along with the ash tray. She's found them all over the neighborhood. So, I arranged a nice ash tray, with butts only about half smoked. To sweeten the deal I took a needle and pulled about half a dozen horse hairs through each butt. It was while I was pulling the horse hairs through the last butt that I rememberd the little white stake.

I can't kill you, you're a zombie. I did buy a Saiga-12 T-shirt that has a picture of a Saiga, and the line, When it absolutely has to be killed--again.
  15. Minskin85

Dec 30, 2007
    Portland, Oregon
    dude i want a tshirt like that
  16. DrMaxit

DrMaxit Dirtbag Airman

Sep 15, 2005
    Oahu HI
    Very nice! I love the stories. Hell you should post a few solutions for the guy thats having trouble with punks vandalizing the neighborhood. Sounds like you could sure think of some clever stuff for him.

Keep em comin'
  17. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

Apr 25, 1999
    upper mid-west
    Thanks Bill - good to hear from you!
  18. Bill Powell

Mar 10, 2002
    dallas, tx
    I been wondering about you, paynter2, where you been?

To find the T-shirt I went to google and typed Saiga-12, and one of the sites was a T-shirt company. It may have been I don't know for sure.
  19. paynter2

paynter2 It ain't over Millennium Member

Apr 25, 1999
    upper mid-west
    I've been around. I was fishing in Canada for a while. It's really strange up there in the fall. There are a lot of Americans up there in spring and summer, but it's really empty in the fall. You're 20 miles from a paved road and another 20 miles from the landing, by boat. You just hope and pray nothing goes wrong. But, you have to go because next year you might be too old to do it!

I finally ran some Stabil through that last boat today. I drained and refilled the lower unit. I didn't fog the cylinders. I'm wondering if that fogging is a scam. I have never fogged a lawn mower in my life - yet they start and run fine in the spring. What's with that?

I taped the Barrett-Jackson auction this weekend. I see a low mileage LS6 went for about $60K. Last year that car went for twice that much. I guess the economy is affecting the rich too!

I miss your on-going thread on OAF. I always knew where to find you. I hope you are well. Pray for us poor soles in the north country. If may be a while before we surface again.

p.s. I'm gonna go find a T-shirt.