close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Surefire MB556K Muzzle Brake

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Skadoosh, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Skadoosh

Skadoosh Tap Rack Bang

Nov 4, 2010
    Indiana
    Anyone have experience with this brake? and do you use a surefire suppressor on it?

2. Clint-M

Clint-M

Jul 7, 2010
    RR, Texas
    I've got it on two rifles. Big blast and loud but shoots very flat. I don't have a suppressor to use on it but I have used suppressors on them a few times. With suppressors on a .223 rifle there is no recoil. A mouse fart has more recoil.

The SJC Titan shoots a little flatter for me, but no suppressor attachment. AAC also has a brake that you can attach a can to and they're a bit cheaper. If you have any specific questions let me know.

CM

3. surf

surf

Jul 7, 2010
    As mentioned, excellent for recoil reduction, one of the best. However the side blast, concussion and noise is horrible. It is also a fireworks show at night.

4. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    This sums up my experience. My 10.5" SBR started out with a 556k installed, and it would clear out the entire rifle bay at the local range after less than one magazine. Even someone standing shoulder to shoulder with me as I was firing started to hate life very quickly. A buddy of mine runs them on his pinned 14.5" guns, and even with the longer barrel it's painful to be around. Muzzle rise was utterly non-existent, though. The 3-foot long flame that came off each side of that brake once it started getting dark was always fun to see, though.

Several people I know affectionately refer to them as the buddy ****er. The nickname is well earned.

5. Skadoosh

Skadoosh Tap Rack Bang

Nov 4, 2010
    Indiana
    irrelevant: i noticed your signature are you in the Army?

6. Clint-M

Clint-M

Jul 7, 2010
    RR, Texas
    Borrowed from ARFCOM but here's a great blast shot. I wouldn't go below 14.5" on the barrel with it unless I was using a suppressor.
    [​IMG]

CM