close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Supreme Court: Strip searches, even for minor offenses

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by TBO, Apr 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    This is only for jailers.

Its not like it can happen by the side of the road for a traffic tickets...

2. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
    So, we're all guilty of something bigger when stopped, until we prove we're not? Sounds kind of backwards to me.

3. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS

It's still pretty simple. Don't get arrested or go to jail, and you won't get strip searched.

4. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Well, how are we supposed to account for MISTAKES made by the government?

5. Except the guy in this story didn't do anything to get arrested.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  6. NDCent

NDCent Socially Inept

Mar 19, 2010
    Ozarks
    Well, they might as well make it an x-ray. We've seen from earlier posted articles that a 5 inch K-frame S&W can be held up the old poop shoot during a squat and cough. :aodnsb:

7. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS

You are correct mistakes will happen. Innocent people will still get arrested, jailed, and even convicted. That shouldn't stop the jail facilities from what the court has deemed to be reasonable searches in such situations.

Would you also argue that pockets shouldn't be emptied or the requirement to remove shoe laces and belts at the holding facilities be halted after an arrest as well?

8. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Don't pay a fine and eventually it'll become a Contempt of Court warrant.

Basic 101.

9. maxsnafu

maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
    ...yet.

10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I think the point Breyer may not understand is that a guy who goes to jail and gets in a weapon or drugs, isn't in a cell alone once he goes to general population. I shoplifter with a hidden knife now means a jail population with murderers and rapists and bank robbers has a hidden knife (or whatever). Jails are even less secure and less segregated by offense and dangerousness than prisons.

The current charge against the prisoner is irrelevant to what he can smuggle in, or how dangerous he is. I've arrested murderers for DUI and public intoxication (even an "axe murderer" once and an accomplice to killing a police officer another time).

11. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    We have a legal system that lets him sue somebody and get some money for the horror of having to take off his clothes. Heck, when the Army made me strip to jocket shorts and do all sorts of crazy exercises in a room with 20 other guys and a female doctor watching, then had her give me a prostate exam, I didn't get to sue anybody...or really care, for that matter.

Some people are way too delicate.:rofl:

12. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS

Expect traffic stops and profiling to change dramatically when it does..:whistling:

13. The Machinist

The Machinist No Compromise

Sep 20, 2009
    The Left Coast
    Hand-typed. Fair Use. :whistling:

This is precisely why so many things are illegal in this country. They don't want anyone to escape the net. If your masters decide they want to strip you naked, they'll already have a reason to detain you, no matter how hard you try to play by the rules.

14. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    This is a totally disgusting ruling. . . Just yesterday I was pulled over for a minor traffic infraction and the lady cop strip searched me. .

But I got a photo of her with my cell phone and I'm going to report her to the departments internal affairs division. .

If you see this lady, don't let her get her hands on you. .

[​IMG]

15. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    Not true. In both states Ive lived in (VA and NC), failure to pay a fine leads to DL suspension but nothing further from the courts and certainly not an arrest warrant.

16. whoflungdo

whoflungdo

Jul 15, 2008
    MS
    Was she wearing her hat?

17. smokin762

smokin762

Apr 19, 2009
    Ohio
    I thought if you were a prisoner, that you didn’t have any Rights.:dunno:

How can the Strip Search be a violation of his Rights, if he doesn’t have Rights at the time of him being in jail?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.