Suppressors on long distance rifles.

Discussion in 'GATE Long-Range Shooting' started by TexasGlockster, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Hi,

My dad and I are just looking at getting into some long-distance shooting. We have been looking at you articles and they are REALLY HELPFUL. Thanks for putting that together for newbies like us.

One question I did have was about suppressors. We both have bad hearing (for different reasons) so using a suppressor on a .308 is attractive, but in thinking through it I figured that a suppressor would slower the bullet's velocity out of the barrel (at least that's how it works out of a pistol). Will this impact shot accuracy and shorten the distance a gun can reasonable shoot at? If so, is it worth it regardless in your opinion?

2. Loading...