Glock Talk banner

Suppressor recommendations

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Cleora Fields 
#1 ·
I have a Gemtech G5 that I've had for many years for a 16 inch AR. It has the QD mount and is tons of fun. I have since acquired SBRs in 5.56 and 300 BLK. I want to get a suppressor for the 300 and wondered if I'd be better off getting a Gemtech QD mount for the 5.56 SBR and use the G5 for both of my 5.56s, or if there's a 300 suppressor that is newer/better that I can also use for my 5.56 SBR. What do y'all think?

#2 ·
I've got a Gemtech One on order. It will suppress 300 WM and down, QD mount. I've also got the Gemtech Shield on order for 5.56 and down. I haven't used them obviously but I like that the One will do 300 WM. I like 300 WM, have one in a bolt gun, and would eventually like a Nemo Omen in 300 WM.

#5 ·
I really dig the Omega for my 300 and it performs well on my 5.56, too

#6 ·
My Specwar762 has performed well on both my .308's and my 300blk's, but I have an Omega9k waiting on the ATF (any day now Haha) that I'm going to use on the 300blks.

I've decided that sacrificing dB's for a compact and lightweight can is totally worth it for me. The Specwar762 is a great can, but it turns every rifle into a nose-heavy tank.

I don't think the Omega9k is rated for 5.56 (but I've a abandoned 5.56 anyway).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.