close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Suppressor for FNP Tactical?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by 20SFLV, Mar 15, 2012.

1. 20SFLV

20SFLV

Nov 5, 2011
    I am picking up my FNP-45 Tactical tomorrow, and will be purchasing a suppressor soon. As you might know the Tactical model comes with a threaded barrel.

What is the best suppressor to get for that model?

If I can find a threaded barrel for a Walther PPQ, I might use the suppressor on that gun as well if I can.

Thank you.

2. D3S3RT_P3NGU1N

D3S3RT_P3NGU1N

Feb 29, 2008
    Either the Silencerco Osprey .45 or AAC Ti-Rant .45, both are absolutely top notch

3. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    This man is not telling you a lie!

:wavey:

4. 20SFLV

20SFLV

Nov 5, 2011
    Thanks. My local gun store also recommended the Osprey, but I wanted to to check with other opinions. The store said the Osprey can also fit other calibers with some modifications. Is that true? I can put the .45 Osprey on a 9mm PPQ or is a separate suppressor recommended?

5. Gdirty5

Gdirty5

Apr 9, 2008
    Louisiana
    I have both the osprey and the tirant, the osprey looks cooler, they are both great performers, but sound reduction to my ear on the same gun goes to the Tirant. If you get the 45 they both can get different pistons to shoot smaller calibers. I forgot which one but one of mine is rated to suppress subsonic 300blk

6. D3S3RT_P3NGU1N

D3S3RT_P3NGU1N

Feb 29, 2008
    Yes you can shoot 9mm though a .45 Osprey with a piston swap. It won't be quite as good as a dedicated 9mm suppressor, but it will still be effective